Author Topic: "Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures  (Read 2617 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

"Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures « on: March 13, 2010, 09:21:16 AM » Author: dor123
After a several months of dormancy he suddenly started to upload a huge amount of pictures (Almost constant picture uploading compared to my uploading rate), caused my lastest pictures i uploaded to disappear in the lastest pictures list. As a result, members saw only little amout of my lastest pictures i uploaded. This includes all pictures i photograped from the supermarket in the center of Nesher city and the pictures of the bug zapper in my hostel. If you missed my pictures because of this, you can enter my picture gallery in this site manually using the option "user gallerys" and see the lastest picture in it. As you saw, i never uploaded such amount of pictures in one time (~15 max in the last case, one time).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:39:36 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 11:01:11 AM » Author: magslight
@the administrators: Can't we upload as much as we would? Is there a problem?

@dor123:If you want to stand out with your pictures, upload new ones.

I personally mean it is good to upload much pictures when you have enough pictures which fit very good to this lighting page ;)
RCM
Re: "Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:43:05 PM » Author: RCM
We have had this problem before! hopefully an admin sees this!
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: "Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:18:41 PM » Author: Patrick
Yes, this concern was brought up before.  Currently, there is no limit to the number of photos a member is allowed to upload in a given time period.  However, out of courtesy to others, it is best to limit your uploads so that you do not bump other members recent photos off the first page immediately.  Upload as much as you want, just avoid uploading everything in a single sitting.  We can think about adding a rule against uploading more than a certain number of photos per day.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures « Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 01:40:59 AM » Author: Medved
I think the best at first time would be to mention this problem in "Site Rules".
If people are not experienced in similar internet galleries, they do not realize, then posting lot of pictures at once might cause any troubles, before they actually flood the front page (this happened to me, when posting here first time as well), they even might not realize it till somebody noticed them (if i remember well, it was the last case). And if they are not made aware of this issue upfront, it will happen again and again, with any new member, for who the LG is the first contact with internet gallery.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: "Cyanmaster" prevented members to respond to my lastest pictures « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 03:41:18 PM » Author: dor123
My record of the amonut of my pictures that i uploaded to this site at the same time was 15 pictures. But this happened only once and i usually uploads a maximum of 10 pictures as the maximum amount this site allows to upload at the same time. I normally uploading pictures to the site after photographing them by the camera from the moment i have an access to the computer of me, my mother or my father to upload the photos by it.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies