Author Topic: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven?  (Read 796 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « on: January 13, 2023, 10:30:46 AM » Author: dor123
The question is in the title.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 10:43:09 AM » Author: rjluna2
Yep. I use it to heat my cup of hot chocolate :D

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 10:59:44 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
There is a small risk of superheating the water but other than that it's safe. I usually do it when needing a warm water for baking etc.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 12:05:38 PM » Author: dor123
So why Wikipedia relates to the phenomenon of superheating so strictly?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 05:02:23 PM » Author: Rommie
Because it's Wikipedia and therefore not a reliable source of information. Anybody can edit it, whether they know what the article is about or not  ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 07:27:04 PM » Author: Cole D.
You can, but I like using my Sunbeam Hot Shot, it boils super fast.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 03:24:00 AM » Author: dor123
I edited both articles about Microwave Oven in Wikipedia, to prevent it from giving the impression that water superheating in the microwave oven is a common phenomenon.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 05:04:13 AM » Author: Medved
Maybe it is not that common (like every time getti g superheated instead of just boiling), but it is not that rare either and very dangerous once it happens. So to me that perfectly justifies considering it not safe.

But this was only about heating clean water, not when something is in it (like the cocoa,...).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 05:07:11 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Is this safe to boil water in the microwave oven? « Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 12:29:53 PM » Author: RCM442
Looks like your edit got reverted since it's not all that rare. Wikipedia needs a way to lock certain things to keep them from being edited with things that are confirmed true.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies