Author Topic: Favorite type of light fixtures?  (Read 1464 times)
Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Favorite type of light fixtures? « on: June 07, 2023, 01:12:02 AM » Author: Robotjulep
What are your favorite type of light fixtures? My favorites are semi-cutoff cobra-heads, open-rated high-bays, and recessed can lights, either totally enclosed or open.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 01:19:38 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I personally love halfpiper preheat fluorescent tube fixtures from the 1940s, milk glass louvered preheat fluorescent tube fixtures from the 1940s and 1950s, transparent high bay fixtures (those with prismatic bell shaped refractors), particle board preheat fluorescent tube shoplight fixtures, preheat circline fluorescent adapters designed for table lamps, Japanese preheat circline fluorescent pendants, milk glass incandescent schoolhouse pendants from the 1900s to 1940s, silver bowl incandescent saturn ring pendant fixtures from the 1940s to 1960s, 1960s to 1970s GE cobrahead street lanterns, British low pressure sodium street lanterns with long diffused refractor bowls, British low pressure sodium street lanterns with open reflectors, and tiffany swag lamps and pendant fixtures from the 1960s and 1970s.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 02:28:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
Some of the fixture types I like:

- Louvered fluorescent fixtures, 1950s/1960s style with metal sides in continuous rows on pendant stem mounts.
- Turret industrial fluorescent fixtures.
- Mercury Vapour recessed cans, with either a Alzak or black baffle trim.
- Incandescent recessed squares

- Powerlite PG17 fluorescent roadway lights
- MV clamshells
- Drop lens cobraheads
- Junior sized incandescent gumballs.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:56:23 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I also forgot to mention that I also love clamshell street lanterns.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 04:27:58 PM » Author: Burrito
Westinghouse OV-35 & OV-50, Ge M400A & M400A2, Ge HM1000 & M1000 (in HPS) American electric/ITT 327 in 1000 watt HPS or Mercury & the ITT model 25 in HPS. Finally, i love the canopy gas station lights such as those LSI Masters series. I also like the Spaulding fluorescent gas station lights as well as their SeBring in 1000 watt mercury.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 05:01:23 PM » Author: Econolite03
GE M-400 (MSRL).
Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 05:11:16 PM » Author: Robotjulep
To be a little more specific my favorite luminaires are:
-GE M-400 all types and GE form all types
-AEL 115, 125, 325, and 327
-Westinghouse OV-25
-Cooper OVZ, OVX, OVM, and  all Lumark Flood lites
-All Aluminum reflector high bays open type (preferably 250w-400w coated mercury vapor)
-Wide-lite floodlights (preferably mercury vapor)
-Panasonic HID cobraheads ポール取付型 HID 一般用道路灯 防雨型 エコセラⅡ220形×1灯 example: https://www2.panasonic.biz/jp/catalog/lighting/products/detail/shouhin.php?at=hinmei&id=00030125
-National HID cobraheads National 道路灯 水銀灯 YA34244 安定期付き 動作確認済み 002 の落札情報
-EYE Iwasaki H760, KSC-4/H745, H743, and H741 HID cobraheads. example of one: https://www.iwasaki.co.jp/lighting/support/products/detail.php?ItemNo=H760
-BX CFL can lights (all kinds)
-Circulene t-9 luminaires with magnetic ballasts and glass diffusers
-8-ft t-12 luminaires (typically warehouse-grade)
-And mercury vapor flood lights with flood-bulbs 水銀投光器

Note: If you copy and paste the colored text in a browser, you will be able to find those fixtures.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 05:14:10 PM by Robotjulep » Logged

I collect:
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 03:14:57 AM » Author: dor123
Thorn/Europhane Pilote and Thorn Alpha 2000, due to their interesting ignitors.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 02:04:54 PM » Author: Cole D.
-cobrahead fixtures
-NEMA head type fixtures
-post top mid century fixtures
-wallpacks
-barn or gas station lights
-old ornate fluorescent wall or ceiling lights
-parabolic troffers
-recessed lights with fresnel lenses or square recessed
-porcelain wall sconces
-banker’s lamps
-6 way floor lamps
-Tiffany or stained glass lamps

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2023, 11:19:09 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Mine has to be the good old traditional coach lights!  8;)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 05:13:51 PM » Author: Robotjulep
Very nice looking fixture. I wonder if they make mercury vapor fixtures like these?

I collect:
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #11 on: June 14, 2023, 02:46:16 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Fellow member Andy actually had a 40 watt clear mercury lamp in one of these!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #12 on: June 14, 2023, 09:16:44 AM » Author: Rommie
Anything with a SOX (or any LPS) lamp in it  8)  :lps:  :posttop:  :soxltrn:

The Thorn Gamma 6 and Beta 5 have to be our top favourites though, we have them lighing up our lives here every day  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #13 on: June 14, 2023, 12:40:41 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
My favorite are probably shoebox area lights, any type of luminaire found at a gas station, or European-styled modern architectural area lights. HID, LPS, and LED fixtures intrigue me the most.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite type of light fixtures? « Reply #14 on: June 14, 2023, 01:58:45 PM » Author: Robotjulep
Anything with a SOX (or any LPS) lamp in it  8)  :lps:  :posttop:  :soxltrn:

The Thorn Gamma 6 and Beta 5 have to be our top favourites though, we have them lighing up our lives here every day  :bulbman:

The Thorn Gamma 6 looks really nice for an indoor lamp!

I collect:
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies