Author Topic: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped  (Read 4872 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #15 on: December 19, 2023, 05:55:24 PM » Author: Econolite03
Congrats! Look forward to seeing it.

Now on Linktree

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #16 on: December 19, 2023, 07:52:34 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I just bit the bullet and bought a 90w ! I requested one with the glass lens .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #17 on: December 19, 2023, 08:13:03 PM » Author: Econolite03
Cool! For reference, most of the plastic lens ones are Visionarie RDWs (like mine), and most of the glass ones are either Spaulding / Pacific Lighting & Standard (a SoCal based company).

Now on Linktree

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #18 on: December 19, 2023, 09:25:18 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I got one with a glass lens because I didn’t want a hideously yellowed plastic one that had to deal with years of Southern California sun!
Currently in San Diego right now, and it does get sunny here!

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #19 on: December 20, 2023, 04:39:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Even a brand new piece of clear plastic can't match the clarity of a piece of clean glass !

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #20 on: December 20, 2023, 04:59:59 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just noticed that some ballast wires are getting cut, which means that they might be virtually useless. By the time all these unsaved lanterns get scrapped, there will be very few left in existence outside of other cities like Flagstaff, AZ, USA. It’s sad to see that the whole world is slowly scrapping virtually all non-LED light fixtures out of existence like we saw with carbon arc street lanterns. They became very rare due to being almost completely scrapped from existence. I still have the feeling that by the mid 2030s, pretty much all non-LED electric lighting will become pure unobtainium. The same fate also happened to the Hollywood 3 lamp 700W H35 mercury vapor street lanterns where nearly all of them have been scrapped to near unobtainium and only a small number of them exist in collections.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 05:15:56 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #21 on: December 20, 2023, 05:26:50 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
He's scrapping all of the ones in the video . As a part time scrapper myself , You'll make WAY more money by cutting as much wire from ballasts as possible as the wire is worth more per pound than the ballast itself . Years ago , I scrapped a bunch of old 4 lamp 4' troffers , the sockets and lenses went to the trash , the wires were all cut flush with the ballasts and put in one bun , the ballasts were put in a 2nd bin and the steel remains were just tossed in the back of my van .

IIRC , the seller was originally planning on scrapping these anyways . He only decided to sell them as he found he could make more in the long run with less work .  Now that he's in trouble with the gov't , they gotta go ! As he gets closer to his code enforcement deadline , he'll quit separating them out and just take them fully assembled to the scrapyard .

Failure to comply can result in hefty fines , possible jail time and even the forfiture of his property ! Plus , with the way he was being kinda confrontational with the code enforcement guy won't help his case . When I got nailed by code enforcement , I was REALLY nice and diplomatic with them ! I got them to give me a 60 day extension on my original 30 day deadline . When they came by and saw how much effort I was putting in and how much progress I made , they were more than willing to help me .

About 25 yeras ago , there was a guy nearby who had over 600 vintage muscle cars and Cadillacs on 10 acres of land . THe township was willing to work with him on a fair solution until he got stupid with them and told them " IT'S MY LAND , I'LL DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT !" The township then took him to court where the judge to him that the township was being more than fair and ordered the guy to comply with the township's initial suggestions. He then told the judge the same thing he initially told the township to which the judge than procededed to grant ownership of the land and cars to the township for disposal !

Oz Optima

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Optima 240v 50Hz

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #22 on: December 20, 2023, 07:33:06 PM » Author: Oz Optima
That really does suck that all of those lights have to be scrapped. Is he getting a code enforcement because there’s too much stuff on the land or is it something else? and does he have to get rid of everything or is it the majority?  :lps:

I support the right to repair.
Technology, lighting, Cars enthusiast.
learning to become a car mechanic.
Jujutsu Kaisen the best anime

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #23 on: December 21, 2023, 02:12:17 AM » Author: Econolite03
Regardless of what ends up happening, if you want one… the time is now. No tire kicking, or “woe is me”. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’ve been in negotiations (non-disclosure) on acquiring a few luminaries, but I and the other California collectors can’t save everything alone.

Now on Linktree

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #24 on: December 21, 2023, 07:48:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ Oz :  If it's like me , they want it ALL gone . In my case it was lots of car parts and "stuff" as well as a handful of inop vehicles .  I was told the township ordinances require all of those kind of things are to be in an "enclosed garage structure" NOT outdoors .  I even asked if I could put some of it back behind my house and fence , out of view of neighbors and passersby and was told "We don't care if it can only be seen from space , it can not be outside !"  A lot of good stuff went to both the scrapyard and the landfill !

Back on topic , has anyone who recently bought one received any form of shipping confirmation from the seller yet ?  I haven't ! Granted , it's only been 2 days and it IS a holiday week . 

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #25 on: December 21, 2023, 08:16:44 PM » Author: Econolite03
@wide-lite 1000: I talked to him yesterday while picking stuff out, he has been very busy with work, trying to clean the place up, while at the same time setting aside stuff, but yeah it’s the holidays don’t help. But he knows.

Now on Linktree

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #26 on: December 21, 2023, 08:19:30 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I figured . I wouldn't be the 1st time I've had an order accidentally slip thru the cracks though .

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #27 on: December 22, 2023, 02:09:02 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Cool! For reference, most of the plastic lens ones are Visionarie RDWs (like mine), and most of the glass ones are either Spaulding / Pacific Lighting & Standard (a SoCal based company).
Question for you: Are you familiar with the Allscape AL-08? If so, have you seen any in use in the San Diego area?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #28 on: December 22, 2023, 03:24:54 PM » Author: Econolite03
I feel like I’ve heard of Allscape, but can’t remember on the top of my head.

Now on Linktree

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LPS fixtures for sale cheap going to be scraped « Reply #29 on: December 22, 2023, 07:34:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if these are the only Spaulding Palomar SOX low pressure sodium lanterns left in existence in the San Diego Area.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies