Author Topic: What is the rarest lamp in your collection??  (Read 1868 times)
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #30 on: March 25, 2024, 06:58:51 AM » Author: Maxim
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, Ria.  :hps:

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 05:00:25 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
And we have one, thanks so much, Eric, must get it out and run it up again soon.

The reason for the side prong base Maxim is the fact that they were designed for use in mines, and that design of base allowed the lamp to sit deeper in its fixture and also made for a more reliable connection. There were also incandescent lamps made with these bases.
      Cool! Thanks for telling us the backstory of these lamps! :bulbman:

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #32 on: March 30, 2024, 04:25:53 PM » Author: Lcubed3
I'd imagine the incandescent ones were more popular.

The rarest lamp in my collection is probably a GE 275W SBMV reflector. Or maybe it's the 70W dimmable PL.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 04:28:25 PM by Lcubed3 » Logged

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #33 on: March 30, 2024, 04:27:00 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Nice!

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024, 04:07:15 PM » Author: Robotjulep
Some of my crown jewels in my collection:

Sylvania GTE Unalux 215w HPS lamp
HF-40x
GE Bug-lite incandescent

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #35 on: April 03, 2024, 04:48:07 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Pretty cool! :bulbman:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies