Author Topic: 2024 Solar Eclipse  (Read 634 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #15 on: April 10, 2024, 09:36:28 PM » Author: joseph_125
Parts of Southern Ontario were in the totality path. It went dark for around 3 mins where I was, but it was fairly cloudy so I only observed parts of the eclipse.

Funnily enough all the streetlights kicked on, and even warmed up fully before shutting off again a minute later.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #16 on: April 11, 2024, 08:16:18 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Joseph_125, I was honestly interested to see what the Eclipse would look like during a cloudy day... not that I didn't want to see the Eclipse during
a mostly clear day like what I witnessed, but I'm convinced that even if it were cloudy during a total eclipse, it'd still be interesting.
It's awesome that you got to witness it as well.
@RyanF40T12, that's a shame. Hopefully another Eclipse happens much sooner than 20 years from now. It's been a while since I've encountered truly
unforgettable moments, and the Total Eclipse was definitely one of the most unforgettable moments of my life, easily.
It sucks that only certain areas can view the Total Eclipse each time it happens.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #17 on: April 11, 2024, 06:54:56 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ joseph :  The streetlights in front of work also came on for a couple minutes .

As for another eclipse in the U.S. According to Space.com , There'll be on in far North Alaska on March 30 , 2033 , Montana and the Dakotas on August 22 , 2044 and on August 12 , 2045 one will run completely across the U.S. from California to Florida .

There will also be a partial ecliplse on March 29 , 2025 for the far NorthEastern U.S.

https://www.space.com/when-next-total-solar-eclipse-us

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #18 on: April 11, 2024, 10:51:11 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
It was only 65% coverage where I am .. but still kinda cool to see. And still worth the time to go see parts of.
The pictures/video I took turned out ok too.

From the list I looked at, the next eclipse here isn't for a pretty long time. It would be a total one too(something I've never seen)...
But thats far enough off I'll have EOL'ed by then, so I can say (if the list is correct) I saw my last eclipse ever this year.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

LandryB

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 08:05:45 AM » Author: LandryB
I drove up to Eustis, Maine to see it.  We has 3 minutes, 2 seconds of totality.  The sky was clear.  It was pretty awesome.  The last minute before totality I could see the sunlight getting dimmer & dimmer.  I could see shadow bands moving along the snow & the street.  During totality all the streetlights came on.  The light level was like twilight but the coloration of the sky was different, dark blue sky above gradually transitioning to pale yellow-orange near the horizon all around us.  The corona around the sun looked like a very pale lavendar halo around the eclipsed sun.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 08:20:09 AM » Author: suzukir122
The Corona! Yep, based on your description @LandryB, I saw that too. I didn't know what it was at first though, and assumed it was just light
reflecting off air particles or something.  ::)
I have a lot to learn. lol... but it looked very awesome. Saw that with my bare eyes as well, no sunglasses required.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #21 on: April 12, 2024, 09:32:17 AM » Author: Molly
I went to Newport, Vermont to see the eclipse, It was quite packed with thousands of people. I made a sequence of my photos here.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #22 on: April 12, 2024, 11:26:05 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Molly, You captured the Corona in shot as well. Nice!

Interests:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #23 on: April 12, 2024, 12:46:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I second that.! Well done Molly, a comment has been left. :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #24 on: April 12, 2024, 07:12:44 PM » Author: Rommie
Thirded..! There won't be one visible from here in my lifetime, sadly. You are very lucky to have been able to witness it  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies