Author Topic: Induction?  (Read 1891 times)
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Induction? « on: September 29, 2010, 04:31:27 PM » Author: tmcdllr
I've noticed more and more recently that HPS fixtures are being replaced around here with induction. Anyone who lives around here just go check Almaden Blvd. starting at the north side of highway 85. They seem to be placed at most major intersections. Interesting, I like the color of the light and it is not glary like LED.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Induction? « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 06:48:13 AM » Author: dor123
Induction fluorescent lighting really non exist and known in Israel. Several HPS lighting in centers converted to regular MH lamps (for example in the downtown of Haifa). Hadar city center is the only place in Haifa where HPS converted to CMH. I saw many places where MV globes lanterns converted to energy saving CFL lamps (Several were helical), instead of HPS, severally reduced the light intensity.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction? « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 08:41:50 AM » Author: tmcdllr
Compared to the HPS they replaced these provide a non glary, soft pleasing white light, kind of reminds me of coated mercury and not as awful looking as LED.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction? « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 12:52:20 PM » Author: Medved
I think inductions would suffer from same problems as LED's - with early ballast failures...

No more selfballasted c***

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction? « Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 07:42:29 PM » Author: tmcdllr
I agree. It will be interesting to see how long these last.

kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction? « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 06:01:41 PM » Author: kai
I have not seen induction lamps in streetlighting so far, but I know some installations on railway platforms, like this one. Pretty nice indeed.
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Induction? « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 05:37:15 AM » Author: tmcdllr
Got a look at these finally during the daytime. They appear to be THESE

They are from US Lighting Tech. Jersey Series 100 watt induction streetlights. The NEMA tag on the fixture shows "10I", "10" for 100 watt, "I" for induction and are silver colored. The lamps are 5000K. I kind of like the way these look more than the cobra head induction units.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:38:53 AM by tmcdllr » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies