Author Topic: Universal Ballast Question  (Read 8679 times)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Universal Ballast Question « on: February 07, 2011, 08:32:43 PM » Author: Patrick
We received the following question regarding Universal ballasts by e-mail.

"I was searching for a contact for a Universal Therm-o-matic-x #446-LR TC-P ballast and your web site appeared.  When I clicked on it, you had a picture of the very same ballast that we have a concern about.  The date on the back is A 69.  Could you tell me if it contains PCB's?  What year did they stop containing PCB's?"

Universal might be able to provide them with this information (they have a page on PCBs), but there are several of these ballasts pictured in the gallery (which why they asked us), so maybe one of you know the answer.  It would probably depend on whether or not their ballasts were made prior to 1979.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Luminaire

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Universal Ballast Question « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:16:55 AM » Author: Luminaire
We received the following question regarding Universal ballasts by e-mail.

"I was searching for a contact for a Universal Therm-o-matic-x #446-LR TC-P ballast and your web site appeared.  When I clicked on it, you had a picture of the very same ballast that we have a concern about.  The date on the back is A 69.  Could you tell me if it contains PCB's?  What year did they stop containing PCB's?"

Universal might be able to provide them with this information (they have a page on PCBs), but there are several of these ballasts pictured in the gallery (which why they asked us), so maybe one of you know the answer.  It would probably depend on whether or not their ballasts were made prior to 1979.

Assume it is PCB if its L78 or earlier, absence of "N" following the date code or lack of "NO PCBs" on label. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies