Goodlighting2000
Member
 
Offline
View
Posts
View Gallery
|
| I’ve been noticing that coated HPS is rare in general, and coated MH is only common for indoor HID lighting. But, have you’ve seen coated MH or HPS lamps in outdoor lighting? This could mean shoeboxes, cobra heads, flood lights, post tops, or any outdoor fixture.
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
dor123
Member
    
Offline
Gender: 
View
Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are printers/scanners/copiers, A/Cs
|
| I've seen lots of coated HPS lamps at streetlighting here in Israel. I've also seen coated or phosphored MH lamps for streetlighting here in Israel.
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site. Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.
I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).
I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.
|
icefoglights
Member
    
Offline
Gender: 
View
Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA
|
| Back in the 80s and 90s, it was common for smaller HPS fixtures like 35-70w tallpacks to be supplied with coated bulbs. The idea was to cut glare since these would often be mounted down low, like next to a doorway.
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100
|
SoxFtw
Member
  
Offline
Gender: 
View
Posts
View Gallery

"If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid."
|
| Clear tubular HPS was by far the most common source but the cobra head above my house had a 250W SON-E c. August 2025 before it was replaced!
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Survivor of photokeratitis 
|
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Member
    
Offline
Gender: 
View
Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!
|
| Over near my house, I have seen a good number of parking lot shoebox fixtures running coated metal halide lamps.
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.
DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.
|
Baked bagel 11
Member
    
Offline
Gender: 
View
Posts
View Gallery

Tom
|
| Over in Austalia, for wattages below 100w, coated HPS is standard, and clear and tubular is quite rare, though I have seen a couple. For higher wattages, clear globes by far the most common.
For MH in lower wattages (70w is by far the most common), they are usually coated, though sometimes clear and elliptical. 150-400w is usually clear and tubular. My area also used coated e27 150w MH for a little while in the 2010s in new areas, as well as in one 2003-2005, installed in the city centre, I've got one of those lanterns in my collection.
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|