They were designed as consumables. Their purpose is to emit light. you can keep one or two or three of the general use bulbs as "collectables" for when you burn through your stash. but I would not hoard up a whole stash of the same thing and then never use it. That would just transfer the guilt from "I regret using this for its intended purpose" to "I regret having so many things"
If you would like to increase their life span, put them on soft start controllers and Dimmers and only run them at the brightness you actually need. The soft starters will help with the ones that are in places that need instsnt brightness but avoids stressing the filament.
That’s a great idea, Owen. I have some tabletop Leviton dimmers that I have a few table lamps on. I rarely run my incandescent bulbs at 100% brightness in my bedroom and while watching TV. I find dimmable fixtures are better candidates for incandescent lamps, with much less stress on the filament at partial brightness.