Author Topic: Member List Cleanup  (Read 8757 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 01:37:29 PM » Author: Binarix128
I think another cleanup would be good.

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID lamp and fixture collector.

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 01:55:31 PM » Author: HPS_250
I never understood why some members simply register and then are either never active or are gone within a week. I registered nearly a year ago and still come back everyday. If there are a lot of accounts that have never been active and have no photos or posts, they should be deleted.

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Power Company: Southern California Edison
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps!

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 03:16:01 PM » Author: sox35
I agree in principle. Accounts where someone has photos or posts but simply haven't logged on for ages is one thing, but when someone registers and never even logs on then I think they should go after a period of time. It's difficult to know how long to leave them though. It's something worth looking into again, I think.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV25

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 08:42:03 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I like this idea too! I'm on every day. I don't see any sense in joining and never coming back.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Lights I own: Line Material Unistyle 250, AEL Autobahn ATBS- 20w.
Power Company: Eversource
One of few members from the Northeastern US
Im proud to say that my town has not yet been LEDized!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID lamp and fixture collector.

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 08:51:49 PM » Author: HPS_250
The longest I ever stayed off LG was for 5 days, and that was because my internet was down!  ;D

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Power Company: Southern California Edison
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 02:10:24 PM » Author: funkybulb
There one member that is not active Jfrog
 But he is very important history to LG.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 03:21:37 PM » Author: sox35
If he's got photos and/or posts, he wouldn't be deleted. It's only people who have never even so much as logged on for months or years since registering we're thinking of.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:24:36 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 04:24:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There one member that is not active Jfrog
 But he is very important history to LG.

J-Frog  was gone looong before I joined LG  . Due to his history with the site I believe he will continue to be a member until the end of time !  :angel: :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV25

Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 07:34:30 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
J-Frog  was gone looong before I joined LG  . Due to his history with the site I believe he will continue to be a member until the end of time !  :angel: :bulbman:
With the many photos he has, yes he will stay.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Lights I own: Line Material Unistyle 250, AEL Autobahn ATBS- 20w.
Power Company: Eversource
One of few members from the Northeastern US
Im proud to say that my town has not yet been LEDized!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Member List Cleanup « Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 12:11:54 PM » Author: Bulbman256
It's been a mystery to me why there are so many members on this site that seem to have done very little since joining, if you can see the pictures as a guest, why bother joining. ???

Me, and a lot of others on this site block albums from guests as they could go into certain pictures and try to take personal information and the fact that members have to be approved by a human mod adds to this security.

collecting since 2012

And yes i do have a bubbler tube for my holiday PFP!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines