Author Topic: New fluorescent streetlights?  (Read 8247 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 11:39:36 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Let me know the updates when it happens around here!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 04:07:06 PM » Author: streetlight98
thoose lights are UGLY!!!!! :D

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 08:15:35 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Interesting, sadly I’m sure they’re gone. :'(

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 08:48:25 PM » Author: High Intensity
I decided to look into it using Google Maps, and from the looks of it, not only are the fixtures long gone, but it looks like they got removed and replaced with HPS streetlights shortly after the field study ended (unless they listed the wrong street in the article). I've been going back and forth trying to find evidence of their existence, but the oldest street view captures (2007) show HPS streetlights, and the newest ones (2013, 2018) show LED.

And before someone asks, the streetlights in the 2007 captures appear to have yellow NEMA tags, hence why I think they're HPS.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 09:30:53 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I decided to look into it using Google Maps, and from the looks of it, not only are the fixtures long gone, but it looks like they got removed and replaced with HPS streetlights shortly after the field study ended (unless they listed the wrong street in the article). I've been going back and forth trying to find evidence of their existence, but the oldest street view captures (2007) show HPS streetlights, and the newest ones (2013, 2018) show LED.

And before someone asks, the streetlights in the 2007 captures appear to have yellow NEMA tags, hence why I think they're HPS.
I saw that too, I bet they put LED up during the case study.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 08:20:05 AM » Author: CreeRSW207

The article said the HPS was reinstalled.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 05:36:59 PM » Author: High Intensity
The article said the HPS was reinstalled.
Sorry, I must have missed that in the article.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New fluorescent streetlights? « Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 05:48:04 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Sorry, I must have missed that in the article.
Don't worry, I had to read the article a few times before I spotted it! I wish fluorescent streetlights were more successful in the US.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies