Author Topic: Indonesian GE SP-35  (Read 1851 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Indonesian GE SP-35 « on: June 16, 2012, 01:04:28 AM » Author: Powell
It says WARM WHITE on the etch....NOT.  I compared it to a SP-35 made in Hungary. It's slightly pinker, and since it is new, brighter, but the Hungarian SP-35 hasn't many hours on it. The Hungarian lamp looks well made, the Indonesian one looks cheap and crummy and the glass at the ends is poorly formed.  It won't make 7500 hours.

Powell

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Indonesian GE SP-35 « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 12:56:59 PM » Author: Ash
I had surprises with unknown name China lamps (mostly F40T12s, that looked quite nasty), so i would not claim that it won't last well

As for pink, i sometimes seen /640 (halophosphate) lamps which would appear somewhat pinkish, dont know what causes it - perhaps variations in amount of phosphor --> content of light (how much from the phosphor vs directly from the discharge)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Indonesian GE SP-35 « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:05:09 PM » Author: dor123
When I began to volunteer in the storage of Carmel hospital, they had numerous Sylvania F40W cool white halophosphors T12 lamps. Their light was brownish compared to the daylight halophospors T12 and T8 that they have.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Indonesian GE SP-35 « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:26:42 AM » Author: Silverliner
Have you yet to see a GE Reveal F15T8 made in Indonesia?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Indonesian GE SP-35 « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 11:53:04 AM » Author: Powell
I will say the Indonesian SP-35 lamps won't last as well for one reason. None of the other GE F15T8 lamps made in Indonesia do. They do, however sorta kinda come close to 5000 hours at best.

Powell

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies