Author Topic: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :(  (Read 37462 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

"World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:30 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmFRxx46LcE
I already clicked "Dislike", flagged it as a spam, because of misleading text and commented in (My Youtube user is "392057").
Please put negative comments on it and dislike it. Its title is "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb".
The reason why it recieved so many likes, good comments and subscribers, is because most of its viewers don't understand from their life about lighting!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:06:02 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 08:06:10 AM » Author: dor123
Update: I'm refused by the uploader of the Youtube video I'm posted here, and some other Youtube members about my thinking about the modern "Green" lighting.
Please comment on the video and explain the facts about the modern type of lighting compared to the more reliable older lighting.
My username on Youtube is 392057.
What that I seen generally, is that the L-Prize LED lamp, have a mixture of red and blue LEDs and a YAG yellow phosphors on the outer. It replaces 60W incandescent for a 10W only.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 06:31:15 PM » Author: slipperypete
Update: I'm refused by the uploader of the Youtube video I'm posted here, and some other Youtube members about my thinking about the modern "Green" lighting.
Please comment on the video and explain the facts about the modern type of lighting compared to the more reliable older lighting.
My username on Youtube is 392057.
What that I seen generally, is that the L-Prize LED lamp, have a mixture of red and blue LEDs and a YAG yellow phosphors on the outer. It replaces 60W incandescent for a 10W only.
I tried to express my opinion on mercury vapor being the most efficient light source and I got verbally assaulted. So apparently my opinion means nothing. You can't disagree with anyone on you tube without being verbally sodomized.

Bulb bans = Fascism

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:06:46 PM » Author: Ash
Because your opinions are not very popular....

To hell with optical efficiency, the Lm/W figures are against you
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:53:45 PM » Author: dor123
The stated 92 lm/w of the L-Prize LED lamp, is in question, because this lamp, actually contains a mixture of blue and red LEDs (Not know for what the red LEDs are) with a remote YAG, instead of blue LEDs and YAG only.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 05:38:38 PM » Author: Medved
@dor123 "...I was banned...":
What do you expect, when you put such comments on an advertisement video? :-D

No more selfballasted c***

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:32:54 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
I replied to some comments on this video, but sometimes people can't see past what the manufacturers want them to see.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:15 PM » Author: Ash
Instead of commenting and thats it how about making a video :

This is the L prize lamp at 92 Lm/W

This is the consumer version at 80 Lm/W

But LED is still the most efficient thing right ?

This is a 1960's SOX streetlight. It is 180 Lm/W. What do you say now ?

This is 1 80's HPS floodlight. It gets better light at 120 Lm/W

This is a modern MH floodlight. Full white light and still more efficient than the consumer version of the L prize lamp
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 11:19:30 PM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
It would be nice if someone put together a video comparing actual lifespans and light output of bulbs, but the people that are defending these LEDs won't see the truth, even when their bedroom is filled by smoke from one of those bulbs.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 09:43:29 PM » Author: Medved
Instead of commenting and thats it how about making a video :
This is the L prize lamp at 92 Lm/W
This is the consumer version at 80 Lm/W
But LED is still the most efficient thing right ?
This is a 1960's SOX streetlight. It is 180 Lm/W. What do you say now ?
This is 1 80's HPS floodlight. It gets better light at 120 Lm/W
This is a modern MH floodlight. Full white light and still more efficient than the consumer version of the L prize lamp

Well, the high efficacy of the SOX and HPS are available for lumen packages about 10x higher than usable at homes. When taking the lumen packages in the "home" range (so below 2000lm), the SOX (18W) have barely 100lm/W, the HPS (35W) does not go above 80lm/W and still is way too intense. Not to mention their "color".

For packages of 900lm and below (so the size useful for homes), the LED's really become the most efficient white light source. The only alternative is the F14T5 (1400lm), what have too high output for many uses and have quite long run up time.
For packages below ~400lm (sufficient for most home use, except for kitchen and writing7work desk lighting) there is really no light source on the market capable to deliver more than ~50lm/W (include ballast losses and degradation over the rated lifetime; for LED's it mean ~70lm/W initial)

But the large question is, if an expensive and technically overcomplicated "incandescent replacement" way is the optimum one.
It have it's advantages (moreless foolproof, easily user serviceable, no need for extensive electric installation overhaul), but I'm not sure if these could pay off the disadvantages (high cost of required high grade components, poor reliability, short life, not as good optical match between the fixture and lamp), what are quite easy to solve by not as compact purpose build LED fixture

No more selfballasted c***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 04:06:37 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Thats not much of an advert for Philips is it?, he says, "it has state of the art technology, and is the worlds most efficient prize winning bulb", but, "I`m not that stupid to buy one at the $50 price, and it makes no financial sence to buy anyway"!! ;D

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:08:26 PM by LinearSLI/H » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 11:35:59 AM » Author: marcopete87
Thats not much of an advert for Philips is it?, he says, "it has state of the art technology, and is the worlds most efficient prize winning bulb", but, "I`m not that stupid to buy one at the $50 price, and it makes no financial sence to buy anyway"!! ;D

i bought 2 of them (but 12.5W model): 1 for testing (now is in my kitchen, it replaced my 23w philips stick) and, the second for the stairs.
because the luminaire is totally out of reach and the application require instant light, i installed here.

they are expensive, but they works very well.  ;)

other led lamps are in my bedroom (5w led spot), near the hall (3x philips 8w + 1x pharox400), on an mirror (3x ikea ledare spot e14), 7x unknown name chinese lamps on outdoor fixtures, 1x osram parathom 1w e14 red candle light for darkroom (it replaced my safelight), 2x g4.5 1w led replacement.
all of theese works very well (unknown chinese lamps are working from may 2011 6h/day)  :)

there is only one lamp that failed: an century crap led light that broke glass protection because heat, but it continue to work.  >:(
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:37 AM » Author: marcopete87
i forgot to tell that the most expensive lamps are philips 12.5W (40€/pc) and century (25€/pc).
the rest costed 6->10€/pc
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 10:22:39 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I would like one of them for testing, but haven`t come accross one in the UK yet, just the crappy PRC ones.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "World's Most Efficient Light Bulb - Philips L-Prize LED Bulb" :( « Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 12:53:08 PM » Author: dor123
Rich: The L-Prize lamp is also PRC made, but it is for the american market only. I even doubt that it have actually 90 lm/w and 20,000 hours as Philips states, and that it is no better than the rest chinese LED lamps.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies