Author Topic: Tulamp preheat  (Read 2466 times)
Powergroove

View Posts
View Gallery

Tulamp preheat « on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:13 PM » Author: Powergroove
I am restoring a shoplite from the 40s and would like to put a preheat ballast back in it.

Keep government out of the lighting industry.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:44:09 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Ask Rick Delair....just go for Jeremiah (J-frog) and he will be happy to help you contact him..Rick got a lot

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:13:33 AM » Author: J-Frog
Rick ain't on much at all unfortunately, but I could try giving him a phone call  ;)

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Powergroove

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:17:36 PM » Author: Powergroove
Please do J-frog. you would make a GE powergroove very happy ;D ;D ;D

Keep government out of the lighting industry.

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 01:14:21 AM » Author: J-Frog
OK I shall try calling him tomorrow, sometimes though hes unreachable...

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 01:32:54 AM » Author: DaveMan
Although it's not the same thing, I know that 1 lamp F40 preheat ballasts appear on ebay regularly so you could try getting 2 of those and then wiring them together in the fixture. I do that sometimes. The ones that appear most often are the Advance ones.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 04:11:34 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Wouldn't you be able to install 2 20w chokes & starters into the fixture and run 25 watt F40T12 Shop Light bulbs?   I haven't tried this myself, but it seems as though it would work.  I have run an F30T12 on a 20 watt choke before.  That is, if you can't find a Tulamp or an F40 preheat ballast.  Just a suggestion!
veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: Tulamp preheat « Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 08:47:48 PM » Author: veryhighonoutput
I got 6 universal preheat ballasts pretty rusty and stinky  but never used

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies