Author Topic: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp  (Read 1963 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp « on: July 23, 2013, 05:24:41 PM » Author: nicksfans
I just had to say... I love these things. Awesome color, T8-like brightness on an "energy saver" RS ballast. A massive improvement over the Econ-o-Watt Altos from hell I replaced yesterday with these. Definitely one of my favorite lamps. What do you think?

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Matt L

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:37 PM » Author: Matt L
CWX is/ was a great lamp. Some of the spectral energy is shifted from that horrible yellow/ green spike over to the reds.  It's great for color rendering in applications where "full spectrum" are too cool.

=[F40/MATT     }=

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:07:32 AM » Author: joseph_125
One of my favourite general use F40s too. And plus they're full wattage so they don't overheat preheat and older RS ballasts.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:42:24 AM » Author: nicksfans
I bought a case of 10 at Lowe's several months ago, made in USA. The lamps my school bought are the Canadian equivalent. I haven't noticed any difference in quality, just different etches.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies