Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
September 29, 2026, 06:49:12 AM
Forum
Forum Home
Gallery Updates
Message Boards
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery Home
Lamps
Lanterns/Fixtures
Gear
Miscellaneous
Off-Topic
For Sale or Trade
Last uploads
Last comments
Most viewed
Random pictures
Member spotlight
Help
Forum Help
Contact Admins
Search
Google Site Search
Message Board Search
Gallery Search
Calendar
Links
Lighting Resources
Our Page on Facebook
Login
Register
≡
Login
Register
Forum Help
Contact Admins
Site Search
Calendar
Links
Lighting-Gallery.net
|
Lamps
|
Modern
| Topic:
Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp
« previous
next »
Author
Topic: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp (Read 3833 times)
nicksfans
Member
Offline
Gender:
View Posts
View Gallery
Down with lamp bans!
Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
Author:
nicksfans
I just had to say... I love these things. Awesome color, T8-like brightness on an "energy saver" RS ballast. A massive improvement over the Econ-o-Watt Altos from hell I replaced yesterday with these. Definitely one of my favorite lamps. What do you think?
Logged
I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.
My Gallery
YouTube
Matt L
Member
Offline
View Posts
View Gallery
Re: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
Author:
Matt L
CWX is/ was a great lamp. Some of the spectral energy is shifted from that horrible yellow/ green spike over to the reds. It's great for color rendering in applications where "full spectrum" are too cool.
Logged
=[F40/MATT }=
joseph_125
Member
Offline
Gender:
View Posts
View Gallery
Re: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:07:32 AM »
Author:
joseph_125
One of my favourite general use F40s too. And plus they're full wattage so they don't overheat preheat and older RS ballasts.
Logged
nicksfans
Member
Offline
Gender:
View Posts
View Gallery
Down with lamp bans!
Re: Just a shout-out to the Sylvania F40/CWX lamp
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:42:24 AM »
Author:
nicksfans
I bought a case of 10 at Lowe's several months ago, made in USA. The lamps my school bought are the Canadian equivalent. I haven't noticed any difference in quality, just different etches.
Logged
I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.
My Gallery
YouTube
Pages:
[
1
]
Print
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net
|
SMF 2.0.19
|
SMF © 2021
,
Simple Machines
|
Terms and Policies
E-Mail Us: administrator
(SPAM PROTECTION - REMOVE)
@lighting-gallery.net