Author Topic: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting  (Read 2982 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « on: June 05, 2014, 04:38:05 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Some of you may have heard of last night's shooting, which cost the lives of three RCMP officers and injured two more. As you may guess this particularly resonates with me since I'm in New Brunswick, with Moncton just a couple of hours' drive away. An unconfirmed report also said he was spotted near Oromocto, just an hours' drive from me. The shooting was yesterday evening, and as of 4:30 EDT today they're still looking for him. RCMP have been called from all over the Maritimes and even a few from the western provinces.

I've been listening to the radio about it for the better part of the afternoon. Quite shocking since this never happens here (but of course, there's no reason it wouldn't).

Trent

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:12:20 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
At around 11:10 EDT, some 29 hours after the shooting, they've arrested the suspect. The day of the shooting has been declared the "darkest day" in the history of the New Brunswick RCMP.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspect-arrested-in-moncton-shootings-that-left-3-mounties-dead-1.1854053

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:04:53 AM » Author: sol
Very sad indeed, and so close to my part of the world... :( I'm glad they were able to arrest the suspect.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:58:27 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Unrelated (although no matter now that it's over), but did you come over here from Europe, sol? Because you seem to have a lot of knowledge of the 240V world.  :D

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:37:37 PM » Author: sol
My family came from Europe in about 1660, so way before the advent of electricity. I am of Acadian descent and was born and raised in Canada.

As for the knowledge of the 230 volt system, it comes from a personal interest in the matter.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 08:06:11 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
The shooter will spend the rest of his life in prison. 24 year old Justin Bourque was given five life sentences today, with no chance of parole for 75 years, the harshest sentence this country's given in 50 years. The shooting has been declared one of the most horrific crimes in Canada's history.

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Moncton, New Brunswick shooting « Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:33:36 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Wow.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies