Author Topic: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why?  (Read 8462 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « on: April 18, 2015, 08:53:06 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I'll start it off. If I could back in time I'd go back to the 50s or 60s and buy a case of Ken Rad f96 bulbs or some tulamp ballasts.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ElectroLite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 11:11:56 AM » Author: ElectroLite
Probably a 1940's preheat fluorescent halfpipe light, Some old area / street lights and of course old fluorescent tubes. (Probably coloured)
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 09:54:04 PM » Author: mrboojay
I would go back and get some of those lights that has those heaters to heat a filament and then when it gets hot enough the filament lights, because there are so few of them.  It predates fluorescent, I forget the name.  I'd also get those old incandescent bulbs that were to compete with Edison and was supposed to last forever.

Then perhaps those old GE troffers that lit themselves, if I can go to multiple times. ;)

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

ElectroLite

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:35 PM » Author: ElectroLite
I would go back and get some of those lights that has those heaters to heat a filament and then when it gets hot enough the filament lights, because there are so few of them.  It predates fluorescent, I forget the name.  I'd also get those old incandescent bulbs that were to compete with Edison and was supposed to last forever.

Then perhaps those old GE troffers that lit themselves, if I can go to multiple times. ;)

You mean the Nernst lamp?
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:22:44 PM » Author: Solanaceae

You mean the Nernst lamp?
yes, the Nernst lamp. I'd grab about 20 of them too. Good call.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:46:49 AM » Author: mrboojay
Yes that is what I meant.  Thanks.  Those things are very cool.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 04:29:50 PM » Author: hannahs lights
I would go and get a few 8 foot preheat fittings also ide buy a list of proper clear filament lamps and some colored ones too
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 09:44:57 PM » Author: nicksfans
Lots of F65T17 fixtures, lamps, and parts, some F100T17/B lamps, and tons of Circlarc stuff to name a few.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

mbulb146

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 11:02:42 PM » Author: mbulb146
A complete Moore tube lamp installation, GE Panel F fixtures and lamps, some Cooper-Hewitt fixtures.

Matt
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 05:40:19 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I would also grab a SOX NEMA base up bucket fixture (those are actually real!)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 04:25:45 AM » Author: randacnam7321
A selection of group replacement street lighting lamps (at least a few of every power rating and a few cases of 32W, 58W and 189W lamps) and some high quality pre Chicom plague CFLs.  And a few LPS bucket lights and multiple lamp barn lights for good measure.

Old school FTW!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 10:43:41 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I'd also get circularc fixtures and tubes. I'd also go and get some of the very first Mazda fluoro tubes in existence-with original sleeves.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 02:11:08 AM » Author: ace100w120v
A bunch of cases of GE F96T12/SP65.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 12:07:41 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I'd get some more ITT mercs since I've heard that they are rare.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: If you could go back in time to get any lighting, what would you get? And why? « Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 05:28:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I would definitely try and get my hands on a MAT lamp, as these are as rare as rocking horse poo.  8)

Also given the demise of the factory at Hamilton, build up a stock of SOX lamps of all wattages.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies