Author Topic: Speed/kind of your Internet connection?  (Read 14386 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 12:22:24 PM » Author: nicksfans
Code: [Select]
[img]www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]
Or simply copy the forum code from "share results" on the speed test page.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:24:08 PM by nicksfans » Logged

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 01:30:25 AM » Author: ace100w120v
what about if it's a .jpg screenshot?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 01:39:04 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
what about if it's a .jpg screenshot?

If the image is on the internet then use the [img] tag as Nick demonstrated. If it's on your computer, you have to either attach it to your reply here or upload it to an image hosting web site and link it using the [img] tag.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 01:40:30 AM » Author: ace100w120v
How do I "attach" then? Thanks.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 06:15:01 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Oh, just like this:

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 09:42:28 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Thanks Trent! I know this may sound ignorant but which little "icon" is that? I don't see the standard "paper clip" one anywhere and a few others give me weird things LOL.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 09:52:03 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
To link an image from the Internet? The little picture frame, below the italics button. Or just type the code the Nick demonstrated. Clicking the button does the same thing.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 01:04:33 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Nah a screenshot saved to my desktop...(Of the Internet).
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:18 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I showed you how to upload a picture from your computer. Click the Choose File button when you reply. I put a big red arrow next to it..

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 11:05:39 AM » Author: ace100w120v
How about this?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 11:10:23 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Ouch.  :o That 1+ second ping, tho.

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 11:32:31 AM » Author: Solanaceae
My pitiful Internet connection.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 11:47:02 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Yeah it's not the fastest in the world, that's for certain! It actually does OK for what it is, it plays Pandora pretty well most of the time and surfs LG simultaneously.  I can watch YT vids with minimal buffering but uploading a 5-ish minute video to YouTube took practically all day!
It's claimed to be 768KBPS, but I've heard it's more like 512KBPS, if that.  Everyone in town is complaining about how slow it is, but I don't notice LOL.  Instead, when I go elsewhere, I think "Wow, that's really fast!".
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 12:03:02 PM » Author: Solanaceae
YouTube and LG open at the same time means that virtually nothing is going to load. It gets worse when the whole family is on at once.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speed/kind of your Internet connection? « Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 12:26:40 PM » Author: Ash
I sufficed with 768 for many years, untill a few years ago my ISP started discontinuing the oldest and slowest speeds and i got bumped up in speed to the next minimum level (that happened twice allready)

768 really is ok for all normal surfing. I used VLC to watch Youtube (it has more properly working buffeing than Youtube's web player), or downloaded stuff to watch from file
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies