Author Topic: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes??  (Read 3308 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « on: September 06, 2015, 07:29:33 PM » Author: suzukir122
Suzukir122 here! (Suzukir123 on Youtube) I've been wondering for the longest time how to create topics for Lighting-Gallery, and after about 5 years, I'm just now finding out, which is embarrassing!! My question: does anybody know of websites out there that sell only/mostly used fluorescent tubes?? Not necessarily fixtures... just the tubes, like old school T12s that had been taken out of fixtures in place of T8's, and are now being sold. I'm hoping to buy fluorescent lamps that are getting close to EOL, but not quite there yet. I know, sounds strange, but Im hoping to get lamps that are well used, that will potentially burn out within months from when I start using them. I'm mainly looking for the old school halophosphate cool white 40watt (or 34watt) T12's from Sylvania, hopefully well used. If anyone knows of websites that often times sell well used fluorescent lamps, please let me know!

Thanks!  ;D

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 07:50:18 PM » Author: nicksfans
I think your best bets would be eBay and Craigslist. Or just check at the ReStore.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:09:06 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah it looks like I may have to try a local ReStore. I haven't tried them out yet, but I've heard of them... I wonder where most fellow lighting enthusiasts on LG obtain old or burned out fluorescent lighting though. I'm thinking that maybe they use ReStore as well...?  :-\
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:58:34 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:00:58 PM » Author: Ash
The wholesalers i go to (for gear, connectors etc) get a box of tubes once in a while, most commonly 18W T8's. They ask for ~0.5$ each
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:03:41 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Dude, restores have all kinds of goodies. I once found 20 odd f25t12/28&33" lamps for $.50 each, and on top of that, it was also half off day. I also found a whole 8 usa made 175w Philips mercs, nos in box! You have to go there, it's much cheaper than ebay or retail. If you find anything labeled ITT or Ken rad as far as lighting goes, as well as inside etch GE lamps, please pm me. :)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:09:12 PM » Author: Lumex120
Dude, restores have all kinds of goodies. I once found 20 odd f25t12/28&33" lamps for $.50 each, and on top of that, it was also half off day. I also found a whole 8 usa made 175w Philips mercs, nos in box! You have to go there, it's much cheaper than ebay or retail. If you find anything labeled ITT or Ken rad as far as lighting goes, as well as inside etch GE lamps, please pm me. :)
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
You found a ton of f25t12 lamps for 25% off!?!?!?!
But yes, check out your restore. Sooner or later, there will be something rewarding you will find. ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 09:14:59 PM » Author: Solanaceae
((Well)), I just bought them for the sake of my collection, but now I actualy built a fixture to use them in.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:41:37 PM by Solanaceae » Logged

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 10:35:01 PM » Author: suzukir122
Wow... I checked online for ReStore stores close to my area, and I found Habitat For Humanity ReStore stores close by... I'm guessing that's the name of it? I'm definitely gonna plan a day to go to it if so, and I will look for used fluorescent lighting in each of those stores. And Half Off day sounds very very awesome as well.

Interests:

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 10:43:01 PM » Author: Solanaceae
You're spot on! My hab also had a half off day last week, where I got a ton of loot for $10. ;D
Let me know if you also find any mercs, mainly 250 and 100w, and if you find any merc ballasts of 100w, or any SOX Gear, I'll def trade for some. :) :mv:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:44:42 PM by Solanaceae » Logged

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 03:04:03 PM » Author: suzukir122
Nice! Have you gotten a hold of many preheat or rapid start ballasts there? F14-F96-F96 High Output lamps and ballasts?? That too is also a major interest of mine, along with mercury-sodium lamps and ballasts. I will be sure to let you know if they have any of them at each ReStore near my area!

Interests:

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 03:21:38 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Thanks, man. :)
I found four 2x20 preheat troffers at hab, along with a bounty of starters. Walked out with it all for a buck. But of course, that was the good old unorganized hab, back in the good old days. If you find a low pressure sodium NEMA head, it'll have an elongated reflector. You'll also notice that it has a bayonet socket rather than mogul.
Also, be on the prowl for Mercury nema haeds, I'd gladly take one. I'd also take a high pressure sodium, to do plant things with (the legal kind). ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:27:20 PM by Solanaceae » Logged

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 08:01:21 AM » Author: Lumex120
Thanks, man. :)
I found four 2x20 preheat troffers at hab, along with a bounty of starters. Walked out with it all for a buck. But of course, that was the good old unorganized hab, back in the good old days. If you find a low pressure sodium NEMA head, it'll have an elongated reflector. You'll also notice that it has a bayonet socket rather than mogul.
Also, be on the prowl for Mercury nema haeds, I'd gladly take one. I'd also take a high pressure sodium, to do plant things with (the legal kind). ;)
That is an awesome score! At my Restore, they had a very nice NEMA head,complete with arm, without grooved reflector. I couldn't get it though, because it was $60 and I didn't have room for it. :(

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 08:18:35 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Wow, that seems pretty steep for a hab, that sounds like what someone would do when they bought it, then list it on eBay. Is your habitat similar in layout to a Walmart or shopping center?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 09:17:58 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Suzukir122: have you gone to hab?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Are There Any Websites That Sell Used Fluorescent Tubes?? « Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 11:26:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yes I did... and I replied/commented about it as well, but seems like the comment either didn't upload, or I
forgot to hit post!! The ReStore near me actually relocated to another vicinity in Wilmington Ohio. (I found this out the hard way.) It seems like they unfortunately did not have NEMA heads of any kind, but they did have what looked to be metal halide fixtures, almost the same shape as the ones in my gym class when I was a kid in school. If I could've, I would've easily bought one! But they took cash only, not debit cards. That particular ReStore was a lot smaller than I hoped, and they recently relocated/moved from a bigger building. But neither building was as big as a shopping center or Walmart (wish it was) but they DEFINITELY had quality, old fluorescent fixtures. I will need to go back there again sometime soon... and tomorrow I will be going to the ReStore located in Eaton Ohio to see what they have! Not sure what that building looks like, but I'm hoping it's bigger than the one in Wilmington, with more options of lighting!

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies