Author Topic: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had  (Read 5663 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 12:53:34 PM » Author: Lumex120
Another one: Trying to make a perpeutual energy source out of a wind turbine charging a 12v bank of batteries, running an inverter, with, among other household loads, a leaf blower spinning the wind turbine.
I have had that exact same idea before. I wonder if it would work? :D

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 01:36:04 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I also had the idea. ;D

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 12:02:01 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Or how about a solar panel with a light shining on it?

Or a 12v battery running an inverter, with a battery charger on it charging the battery?
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:07 AM » Author: Lumex120
Or how about a solar panel with a light shining on it?

Or a 12v battery running an inverter, with a battery charger on it charging the battery?
The solar panel idea actually might work, but it would need a light source to start it. Plus, it would have to be a high-intensity source, but LED should work for that.

Also, look what I  (tried to) write for a school poem assignment:

Listen my friends and you shall hear
The buzzing that tells the mercs are near

I've searched the Restore's far and wide,
I just found a Lifeguard, a buck eighty-five!

I will run it on my CWA gear so heavy,
Oh no, it shorted, it is oh so smelly!

I run back to Restore, in desperate hope,
To replace the ballast that went up in smoke.

I find the ballast, I go back home,
I am almost ready, when I step on the lamp, NO!

The lamp is trashed, what a waste of cash,
I hang my head and shout WHY, WHY, WHY!
 ;D

Unofficial LG Discord

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 01:39:56 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Assuming you start with a charged battery, I'd think it'd work. 
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 10:31:40 AM » Author: Ash
Wit all the LED propaganda (that kids get too) i'll pretend to be a 10yo kid right now.....

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 11:03:07 PM » Author: xelareverse
I've tried the battery charger inverter idea it didn't work    :-[
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 12:02:35 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Did it EXTEND the battery life a bit though?
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 12:04:08 AM » Author: xelareverse

No it ran for a little bit and then the inverter beeped.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Silly/Bizarre/Practically Impractical Ideas You've Had « Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 02:54:16 PM » Author: Medved

No it ran for a little bit and then the inverter beeped.

Big surprise... :-)

Perpetual motion devices of different kind were on my "obvious to do" list as well...
Over time it had converged to perpetual motion devices of the 2'nd kind (violating the 2'nd thermodynamic law - like rectifying the noise or so). Only when we have to do some calculations about the 2'nd law, I came to a cold realization, than there is nothing like an energy from nothing or so...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies