Author Topic: Who believes in ghosts?  (Read 20653 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 12:41:26 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Her name is KC. She's a 10 yo boxer and she's very white on her face like the ends of a well used Westy lifeguard.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #46 on: February 12, 2016, 02:18:54 PM » Author: hannahs lights
I've seen a ghost I was in the rectifier house at work and thought I saw someone out the corner of my eye I turned and just saw a man in old style police uniform when I asked I was told a policeman died near our site when it was an aerodrome in WW2. I saw him several times after that
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #47 on: February 13, 2016, 01:27:05 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
All I'll say about ghosts is that the people who chase them have sure driven up the prices of vintage Sony camcorders.  ::)

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 01:49:15 PM » Author: Ash
I use a Sylphscope
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 01:58:56 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Speaking of cameras, the flir thermal cams they use are expensive as balls. :o

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #50 on: February 14, 2016, 12:56:48 AM » Author: tolivac
Flir thermal cameras are indeed very expensive-but there is a less expensive alternative-A "Seek" thermal camera that is an attachment to a smartphone-two versions one for IPhones,The other for Andriod phones.there is also a standalone unit.Any of these are less expensive then Flir.Flir is most likely better-but the "Seek" ones are less expensive.Lowes sells them.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #51 on: September 21, 2016, 03:23:32 PM » Author: Ash
I think something along the lines of damaged power line (by the tornado), and then somebody backfeeding into the grid with his emergency generator

But how are those sirens powered ? Are they on some sort of their own grid ? How are they controlled ? Is there any computerised control ?
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #52 on: September 21, 2016, 04:08:25 PM » Author: wattMaster
I think they might have had backup batteries, but was controlled by a power wire that got broken when the tornado hit the wire, but somehow made contact a little later.
Oddly, I have actually never seen any of these sirens in person.
Maybe bad weather is expected and nobody needs a siren?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #53 on: September 21, 2016, 06:48:58 PM » Author: wattMaster
Or maybe some hidden power source somewhere.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 03:30:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
There was only one time where I thought I saw a ghost.  However, today I think it was just moonlight from the window and shadows in the hall outside my bedroom.

I do believe in spirits in the sense that one's spirit can still be with you after his or her death.  I am a Christian and I believe there is life after death, so it seems credible that a person's spirit or the memory of a person will live forever in this world.  For example, my great grandmother's favorite foods were crabcakes and cheddar garlic biscuits along with a glass of pink wine before passing away a few years ago.  When we eat and drink those things, we remember her clearly and think about how much she enjoyed the certain foods and drinks, thus remembering her in spirit.

Very recently, my dad told me a story about how two girls talked to him in the middle of a busy airport.  My thought is that the girls were angels who came to calm him down and redirect his thoughts after a stressful day of traveling and losing luggage.  He said the girls disappeared into the crowd as quickly as they appeared and the encounter was so quick that it seemed supernatural.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #55 on: August 13, 2017, 11:15:59 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've been getting strange vibes about the basement of my family's lake house that we are in the process of renovating.  When I moved my stuff out of the basement after a plumbing malfunction, I couldn't help but notice how empty and somewhat sinister it is down there.  There was a strong smell of burning wood and charcoal in there even though the cast iron stove had not been lit in years.  It's almost TOO quiet down there sometimes.  I would never want to be down there by myself at night.  Two strange inexplicable things have happened in the basement this summer while I was away:

A light bulb in the circuit breaker room fell from the ceiling and shattered without being unscrewed

The door to the laundry room has been ajar twice even though I remembered closing it before leaving

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 12:05:12 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
HOW'D I MISS THIS TOPIC??

yea i believe in ghosts... i've experienced many things unexplainable in my journeys through abandoned buildings....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:43 AM » Author: Lumex120
HOW'D I MISS THIS TOPIC??

yea i believe in ghosts... i've experienced many things unexplainable in my journeys through abandoned buildings....
Ooo, share them please!

CEB, the smell of charcoal and wood might be from wind blowing through the chimney. The smell of burning wood seems to stay strong in chimneys even if they haven't been used in years. As for the light bulb falling out? That is plain freaky. Maybe it was barely screwed in and vibrations from upstairs made it fall out? I hope it wasn't a vintage Duro-test or something.  :P

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #58 on: August 22, 2017, 12:05:17 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Ooo, share them please!

CEB, the smell of charcoal and wood might be from wind blowing through the chimney. The smell of burning wood seems to stay strong in chimneys even if they haven't been used in years. As for the light bulb falling out? That is plain freaky. Maybe it was barely screwed in and vibrations from upstairs made it fall out? I hope it wasn't a vintage Duro-test or something.  :P

maybe one of these days.... right now i dont feel like typing out an essay... have not slept well for the past few days..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #59 on: August 22, 2017, 12:20:33 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hey Lumex120,

Upon further inspection, the porcelain socket seems to have pressed against the bulb and caused it to crack and fall to the floor. It was a common GE halogen A19, so not a rare or antique bulb that got smashed.  Right above the breaker room is the master bedroom on the main level, one of the most frequently used rooms in the house, so footsteps could have exasperated the light's problem.  The chimney has a damper that leads to a shaft with all of the ashes from the fireplace since the 1980's when the house was built. I'm sure it has never been cleaned out and the persistent humidity and warm temperatures lead to the strong smell of ashes.

One of the former owners of the house was a WWII veteran. I know many veterans are often haunted by gruesome war memories and PTSD, so there could be some sinister spirits left over in what's now my my family's vacation house.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies