Author Topic: That awkward moment when...  (Read 5690 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
That awkward moment when... « on: September 27, 2015, 12:47:43 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I've been contemplating posting this since it may fall under a few other categories but I decided screw it and do it anyway.
Here are a few of mine to get it started...
That awkward moment when...
You answer an easy question out loud wrong and everyone death stares you.
You curse in the hallway while having a discussion and the teacher walks by at the time and scolds you.
When you say something contrary to a group discussion and everyone goes silent.
Can you think of a few?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 06:45:49 PM » Author: ace100w120v
When you look up a place in the phone book and call them about the vintage turret fixtures in their scrap dumpster and they think you're weird and won't give them to you (Understandably)
Same at scrap yards

When you say something you shouldn't have/let something slip

I'm sure I can think of more...give me a bit

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:18:42 AM » Author: xelareverse
You do something rediculously stupid in front of your crush.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:21:34 AM » Author: Lumex120
-When you are about to email the city council about removing a fixture from a building that is going to be demolished.

Unofficial LG Discord

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 09:17:26 AM » Author: Flurofan96
When you about to take a picture of a lantern/light bulb and a girl gives you funny looks

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 03:55:42 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Not awkward for me but a guy was trying to chat up my girlfriend and she said she was with her partner (me) and he basically dissing me for 5 minutes before hand
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 11:31:02 PM » Author: CEB1993
When I lift up an empty glass that I think is full of water and I feel super strong for a split second.

When I go to bed and my phone dings with a text the moment I shut my eyes.

When I go to pee in a urinal and someone walks up to the urinal right next to me and begins making conversation with me.

When I begin fixing a complicated recipe and realize that I'm out of a crucial ingredient halfway through the process and have to go back to the store.

When I cussed in front of a young child after I dropped my phone in the pool.

When I hit send on a text message and realize I have a misspelled word right after it sends.

When I get a haircut or go to a restaurant and realize I don't have enough single dollar bills to leave a tip.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 10:41:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
life is one big awkward moment... yes i am partially being a smartass, but in a way... it is true

for me anyway... lmao
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:52:59 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 11:22:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
Yeah, sometimes I feel like it's one awkward moment after another for me too  ;D  I'm a little awkward in some ways, but it's who I am haha!  

Not only will I feel super strong for a split second, I also feel confused when I forget that my glass is empty.  I was one of the few college students who went to bed before 1 a.m. and didn't check his phone overnight.  A lot of my friends had a whole other late night life of studying or partying while I was dreaming away in my bed ;D  I have a strong pee stream, and I don't have perfect aim, so distracting me while I'm peeing could be a messy situation.  I have a lot of bathroom awkward moments...  Nothing worse that preheating the oven and cranking up the gas stove and then having to hustle back to the crowded grocery store just for a bottle of vanilla extract or confectioner's sugar.  I try not to cuss too often, but dropping my phone in the pool was extremely frustrating and surprising for me.  It fell out of my pocket when I bent over to feel the water temperature. Some kid learned a new word when I dropped my phone in the pool.  I felt so guilty and ashamed to have introduced innocent ears to the colorful world of profanity.  I even get embarrassed when I misspell a word in a text to one of my best buddies.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I don't like making mistakes, especially in front of my friends.  I really don't like to look like I'm being cheap, so it's always super awkward to show up without a few singles to leave a tip.  I'm really bad with remembering  names, but I remember faces, so it's an ongoing awkward problem for me to say hi to someone I've met before and have to ask him or her their name again.  I wish I had a special pair of glasses that tagged everyone with their names like in Facebook, that would help me learn names LOL!

Yeah, I'll admit it, I am an awkward guy sometimes, but it's who I am  :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:55:44 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
Walking up to someone I think I know and talking to them only to find out they're a stranger who looks exactly like one of my buddies.

When I pick up the phone for a telemarketer call and I cannot tell if it's automated or a real person.

When I break wind in the pool, the bubbles make it so obvious :-[

When I talk to a girl and have to do my best to maintain eye contact

When I'm friendzoned

I could think of lots more...

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 09:09:33 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'm sitting in a quiet room and my empty stomach starts growling, loud!  Anyone who can hear can tell I'm starving.  There's no stoping my growling tummy until I get some food.  It's obnoxious, yet a little bit funny!

When I'm talking on the phone and I press mute or hold by accident, or the Bluetooth from the car picks up on the phone from inside the house.

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 05:30:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
MisJudge a turn and run my bike into a power pole, I tend to be lucky as I do not get hurt when I pull crap like this so it ends up being awkward rather than painful

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 11:55:54 PM » Author: CEB1993
That's good that you can walk that off, Owen.  I popped a bike tire by accident when I tried to add air.  Totally awkward because it was LOUD. I was afraid people in my apartment building would think I had shot a gun.  I was without a bike for a week until I got a new tire.

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:01 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
That sucks lol, I'm used to walking however I prefer a bike since it's speedier I'd hate to blow out a tire

~Owen

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: That awkward moment when... « Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 11:21:38 PM » Author: CEB1993
That sucks lol, I'm used to walking however I prefer a bike since it's speedier I'd hate to blow out a tire

Flat tires are no fun.  I hit a curb and got a flat tire one time in my car.  At least I was able to put on the spare and go to the tire store the next day to get a new, matching Michelin. 

When I sniff the air in the tire shop to enjoy the smell and you look like a dork.

When I am watching a movie and my parents walk in during a blast of profanity and the remote is out of reach.

When I order a beer when everyone else wants to order a coke or a sweet tea.

When I make a pained expression on my face as I calculate in my head how much to tip at a restaurant.

When I jump up on a bicycle seat quickly and sit on my nuts the wrong way, ouch.

When I send an email and then recognize a typo 5 seconds after clicking send.

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies