Author Topic: Things That Make You Laugh  (Read 29142 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #75 on: August 19, 2018, 12:41:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I have just watched The Bricklayer's Lament on You Tube.  :D :D :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #76 on: August 21, 2018, 09:18:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A tale from my childhood:

I was sitting at the breakfast table with my sisters, and daddy was giving us a lecture about something that we had done, I can't remember what though. Anyway we were watching him with rapt attention as he slowly put a spoonful of marmalade in his coffee and then stirred it. He thought that he was finally getting through to us, but we were just watching the spoon get ever closer to the coffee mug.

When he took a sip of it his face was a picture and we all fell about with gales of laughter. :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 09:20:26 AM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #77 on: August 25, 2018, 06:08:51 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Seeing the X-ray pictures that James has uploaded reminded me of something that happened when I was working at a British Forces postal sorting depot.

We had just got our first ever X-ray machine for scanning parcels. And there was a big parcel in the scanner, now this parcel had a big grey mass with what looked to be fine wires running through it, attached to it was a control box. The guy looking at the monitor was panicking that it could be a bomb, then I walked past and had a look and said, 'oh that's an electric under-blanket.' Panic over... :D

And another tale from the time I was working there.

Someone who had visited a soldier had forgotten to pack their alarm clock. So this bright spark of a soldier decided to send the alarm clock back to them, however he did not make sure that the alarm was turned off. We were standing in the main area where all the parcels come into the depot when we heard the beep beep of it going off. Everyone apart from me and the NCO in charge that day dived for cover shouting, 'it's a bomb.!' I replied, 'don't be stupid, if it was a bomb it would have gone beep beep BANG:D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #78 on: August 25, 2018, 08:35:34 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Seeing a crap and cheap LED fail, either a short pathetic failure or something long and interesting. Either way it's still funny to me to hear the capacitors exploding in a hollow bulb

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #79 on: August 25, 2018, 01:15:58 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Seeing a crap and cheap LED fail, either a short pathetic failure or something long and interesting. Either way it's still funny to me to hear the capacitors exploding in a hollow bulb
That's why we are better off sticking with the reliable HID technology.  ::)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #80 on: August 25, 2018, 07:54:26 PM » Author: Rommie
That's why we are better off sticking with the reliable HID technology.  ::)
Unfortunately, I fear we are too late to stop the onslaught of [censored] lights (you know the ones I mean...)  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #81 on: August 25, 2018, 07:59:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Unfortunately, I fear we are too late to stop the onslaught of [censored] lights (you know the ones I mean...)  :'(
Soon the ability to make HID lamps will be gone, then we really will be stuck with them.  :'(

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #82 on: August 27, 2018, 12:29:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
When a bit of polythene sticks to your hands and no amount of trying gets it off as you pass it from hand to hand.  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #83 on: September 17, 2018, 09:38:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
When Kevin Hart trolls the NBA Halftime crew. He even took over... the entire set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xwji09FtiQ

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #84 on: November 02, 2018, 04:31:50 PM » Author: Rommie
I just did a spell check on the name Zuckerberg. I won't post the result here, but it was quite appropriate in my opinion  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #85 on: November 02, 2018, 04:47:54 PM » Author: High Intensity
Did someone replace the Z by accident?  :D
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #86 on: November 03, 2018, 02:31:09 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I just did a spell check on the name Zuckerberg. I won't post the result here, but it was quite appropriate in my opinion  ;D
That gave me a chuckle as well.  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #87 on: May 07, 2020, 11:02:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
Bird day. Plus, red and blue. Blue Jays are calling all over the place today. They're LOUD! I couldn't help but notice... because a CARDINAL KEEPS SMACKING
AGAINST MY DOOR OVER and OVER again. I don't know why it keeps knocking on my door... I guess maybe it needed more sugar for sweet tea that
it purchased from Mcdonalds or something. I don't have sugar. Or maybe it's the lead member of a bird Mafia.
Or maybe it's because I parked my red Pontiac G6 behind a blue Ford Focus.
Regardless, eventually that Cardinal might catch me off guard when I walk out the door, and fly in my apartment or something.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #88 on: May 08, 2020, 12:00:34 AM » Author: CEB1993
Stories on Buzzfeed about nasty or inappropriate things coworkers do in the office. It’s mind blowing what “professionals” and “adults” do. Some of my favorite stories involve a woman throwing away her wig in a communal trash can, a woman wearing her wedding dress to work because she was too lazy to do laundry, and a guy who would sleep and tune everyone out before officially clocking in  :lol: The the stories about workplace bathrooms are both appalling and hilarious too! I’ve had quite a few “interesting” experiences over the years at work and school, so I always get a kick out of those stories  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Things That Make You Laugh « Reply #89 on: December 14, 2020, 12:01:51 AM » Author: suzukir122
All of my friends reactions to my SB PAR38 Metal Halides in my garage, while I was showing them my motorcycle.
I don't know but... kinda seemed like the Metal Halides stole the show there for a second. This was earlier today around 3pm. I
was getting ready to go motorcycle riding, while my friends follow in their car, so that I could show them where I work.
So I had just put on my motorcycle helmet before turning on the MH's. (3 GE PAR38 Self Ballasted Metal Halides in a 3 lamp socket splitter)
After I clicked on my MH's using the pull string, they fired up one by one. As they got brighter and reached the aqua green color,
my friend Sabrina said, "This looks... this looks like something out of a horror movie." That's when I quickly turned and looked
at her with wide eyes through my motorcycle visor. PERFECT timing because as soon as I turned to look at her, one of the MH's flashed
bright pink. She paused again a bit and then said, "What ever just happened, that did NOT help the situation." Me and her little brother
started laughing. As the Metal Halides started changing their color, her husband Kenny said, "Now they're all like, a yellowish color." Then
I said, "Yeah, almost full brightness." They reached full brightness and my friends little brother (Brandon) then said, "Dude, I should've
taken a photo of your bike when the lights were that aqua color. Can you make them aqua again?" :lol: :lol:
I then explained to them that there is restrike time with MH's, etc. It was much more hilarious in person than in message. In fact, all
reactions I've gotten so far regarding these MH's and my friends, have been hilarious reactions.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies