Author Topic: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp  (Read 4759 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « on: February 18, 2008, 09:23:50 PM » Author: FGS
While I was looking around at Sears I saw a vacuum cleaner ad saying that the vac cleaner have a Germicidal lamp. I didn't believe at first untill I looked under the vac and saw the lamp. Its a Halo Upright Vacuum. I can't find anything about said lamp like how many watts and what lamp it was. It looked like a PL-S but with fat tubes (about T6 or T7). Has anyone heard about this? I will try and get a pic of the lamp under the vac cleaner. Is the lamp a real Germicidal or just an uncoated fluoro?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:47:25 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
While I was looking around at Sears I saw a vacuum cleaner ad saying that the vac cleaner have a Germicidal lamp. I didn't believe at first untill I looked under the vac and saw the lamp. Its a Halo Upright Vacuum. I can't find anything about said lamp like how many watts and what lamp it was. It looked like a PL-S but with fat tubes (about T6 or T7). Has anyone heard about this? I will try and get a pic of the lamp under the vac cleaner. Is the lamp a real Germicidal or just an uncoated fluoro?

A germicidal of course! There are actually no such a thing as an uncoated fluoro in the market....and I have seen germicidal PL's before

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:31:43 AM » Author: FGS
I know there are Germicidal PL lamps. I have seen one at Lowes or was it HD? It cost $50 for the four pin PL-L lamp.

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:16:56 AM » Author: J-Frog
I really wish there were such thing as a clear uncoated fluorescent tube on the market...

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 06:29:19 PM » Author: FGS
Yeah. At least we can view those UVCs with a common glass pane found at any hardware stores. Not needing some expensive glass specially made to block UVC.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:12:50 PM by FGS » Logged

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 09:15:15 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Hey you can even try getting a PL adaptor and put a PL on the adaptor and have whole thing covered with glass...but be sure no leaks!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Halo Upright Vacuum Cleaner that has a Germicidal Lamp « Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:39 PM » Author: FGS
I do have a PL adaptor and PL lamp that came with it. (Both Philips and from 1992.)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies