Author Topic: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions  (Read 1414 times)
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « on: March 12, 2016, 05:15:14 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
One of my friends recently built a tree house and was interested in having me run electricity through it. I have everything all wired up, now I just need a fixture. My friend left that up to me, so i'd like to hear what you guys would like to see. Keep in mind it MUST be LED and under 14 watts, as that is all the solar panel can handle. Also, the lighting does not have to be rated for outdoor usage.   
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:36:23 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Is the place up to code, like with a shingled roof, some sort of siding, and doesn't leak when it rains?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

yuandrew

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:19:58 PM » Author: yuandrew

What's the system voltage ? 12 volt DC I assume ? Also find the capacity of the solar panel and the size of the battery in amp-hours.

If 12 volts, you could use low voltage landscape lighting fixtures, many of which are already available as LED or find something that takes a bi-pin halogen bulb but use the Philips Model # 458513 or 454116 LED replacements. You can find what you need easily at Home Depot.

I'd put two lights on the ceiling inside and some sort of flood or spot light outside near the entrance.
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 09:26:59 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Is the place up to code, like with a shingled roof, some sort of siding, and doesn't leak when it rains?
As far as I can tell, yes. The place does have a shingled roof, along with doors and windows.
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 08:36:38 AM » Author: wattMaster
You should install a battery, So you can have light at night!

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 06:45:23 PM » Author: Ash
Treehouses built to code ? O_o

Or its something other than a treehouse built by kids on a tree ?
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 07:49:52 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Built by kids, yes, but not just a few boards and some super glue.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Treehouse Lighting Suggestions « Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 09:52:11 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I've seen area tree houses built to "code" (rich areas, usually small building on stilts & surrounded by trees). That's why I was curious.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies