Author Topic: AUTOMOTIVE HEADLIGHTS  (Read 2004 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

AUTOMOTIVE HEADLIGHTS « on: March 07, 2008, 11:43:23 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Well, You guys have helped me a great deal in the past. Right now I am restoreing a dodge stealth r/t Twin turbo and I am going to be putting some Xenon metal halide headlights on it. Would anyone know on this form what is the street legal color kelvin I should use? I am thinking about 5000k to maybe 6000k max. I know police do not tolerate them blue and purple lights at all. I think 5000k would be OEM and police can't touch you. 6000k I never seen in person. 

Same stuff, Different Day!

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: AUTOMOTIVE HEADLIGHTS « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:06:30 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Anyone, I am not all to good defining color kelvin, How much blue is 6000k How much is 5000k? Can someone give me an example of what a typical metal halide bulb puts out as oppose to a mv? Like I said it must be white and not alot of blue to be DOT approved. ???

Same stuff, Different Day!

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: AUTOMOTIVE HEADLIGHTS « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:53:20 AM » Author: J-Frog
You want to go for the 4100K ones, I believe those are the street legal ones.

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies