Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65420 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #165 on: March 08, 2018, 07:36:15 PM » Author: suzukir122
I may have gotten you confused with someone else who said they don't like them. lol
But yeah since I just recently bought a high quality action camera, there will be videos
uploaded to my channel very soon... which of course will be satisfying, though not oddly. :)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #166 on: March 20, 2018, 09:46:55 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
That "PING!" you hear from one of those portable Xenon Strobe lights

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #167 on: March 20, 2018, 10:34:23 AM » Author: Rommie
That "PING!" you hear from one of those portable Xenon Strobe lights
As long as it's not the 'ping' you get when you remove a screw too many when disassembling something and thousands of tiny springs and things fly to all points of the room, narrowly missing your eyes in the process  :P

I remember this happening at work once. I'd somehow managed to get a sheet of paper well and truly jammed in my printer, and despite all efforts I couldn't get it out, so I called the IT department. Three days later (that's quite fast for them..!) this guy and his mate turn up. They spend a good hour trying everything I had, to no effect, then one of them said to his mate, "Go and get the toolbox, Steve"..!

Well you know what's coming, don't you... As screw after screw came out, there was a loud 'PING' and said springs and cogs went everywhere. You have never seen anyone look so sheepish  :D

I said to him, "You ARE going to buy me a new printer, aren't you..?!"

"Ummmm...."

"And it IS going to come out of your budget and not mine, isn't it..?!"

"Ummmm...."

The next day he knocked on the office door with a brand new printer, and it was the next model up from the one I had  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:50:50 AM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #168 on: March 20, 2018, 12:47:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Nothing odd about it at all, but when a catses turns on their purring engine it's the best sound in the world.. =^.^=

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #169 on: March 20, 2018, 04:29:44 PM » Author: CEB1993
Plugging in my laptop when the battery is low and watching the battery percentage rise as I use it.

The sound of ice slowly melting and cracking when first poured on top of the drinks in my cooler.

Running or swimming to the point where I'm past the initial stiffness and feel like I could keep going forever.

The smell and feel of fresh laundry out of the warm dryer and not having my favorite shirts and pants in the laundry basket anymore.

Taking the time to shave with a razor and nice shaving cream.  Such clean and smooth feeling  ;D

Uncorking a new bottle of bourbon or red wine and enjoying the very first sniff.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #170 on: March 20, 2018, 07:22:59 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Hearing the electric pump of my rainwater tank switch on when you open a tap, flush the toilet, have a shower etc and then switch off again when the tap/whatever has been turned off again.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #171 on: March 20, 2018, 07:58:23 PM » Author: sol

Running or swimming to the point where I'm past the initial stiffness and feel like I could keep going forever.

Unfortunately, the clock obliges me to stop swimming when this has been going on for a while. Either the pool is closing for the day or I have another obligation. Oh well, at least I got some exercise. But it is satisfying.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #172 on: March 21, 2018, 05:07:11 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Watching a HPS do this: White>Soft White>HPS Orange in 5 mins
Forcing on my shoes rather than lacing them
Finding a Fluorescent light stuffed about 3 feet in the ground
Enjoying that I'm far from a beach
People from Aspen and Iceland
Charging my dead laptop just to see how hot the voltage converter gets
Mirages
Walking out of my room only to find out it's somehow 20 below from the rest of the apartment

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #173 on: March 21, 2018, 07:16:15 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Stepping into an air conditioned building after being outside in the 40+ C heat.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #174 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Seeing two little ginger furballs trying to wreck the tree in the corner :)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #175 on: March 21, 2018, 08:27:47 PM » Author: Rommie
Seeing two little ginger furballs trying to wreck the tree in the corner :)
They are so wonderful, aren't they  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #176 on: March 21, 2018, 08:34:21 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We call them Chaos and Havoc, never have two names been better deserved...  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #177 on: March 23, 2018, 01:09:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We both love the sound of catses purring, and have now got a downloaded MP3 file, which we have burned onto a CD and have got it playing through the stereo so that we can hear it throughout the whole of the flat. It's pure bliss to us...  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #178 on: March 24, 2018, 08:33:02 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The sound of an open fire in the grate crackling and popping, it's one of the things I regret that we can't have here. :'(
I have to have a video of one playing on You Tube, but it just isn't the same.  :(

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #179 on: March 24, 2018, 09:22:24 AM » Author: suzukir122
More things that are oddly satisfying so far in my life:

-The winding up, violin kind of sound that my motorcycle makes, in first and second gear.
Especially second gear. Not sure what that sound is coming from, whether it be the engine
itself, or maybe the chain? No clue. But it sounds amazing, along with the high pitch
whistling from the intake.
-Fan sounds... and this is important -- because I'm currently making a video on YouTube
through another account (not Suzukir123) that will be used as a sleep sound video,
to help people sleep. I've added echoes, reverb, and created more of a stereo effect, and
I've also added faint music in the background. Fan sounds -- great for sleep, and definitely
oddly satisfying.
-The boom sounds from fireworks... not just when the fireworks explode in the sky, but
the sound from the chute right after the firework detonates from the ground.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies