Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 11768 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #195 on: July 29, 2018, 03:53:34 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Those click(s) you get from your thermostat when you turn it on, this also follows it turning on about one second later and the lights throb because of the heavy load that's just been applied.

Looking at the spill of light coming from a TV on the ceiling.

When it's early morning or late afternoon (normally the sky has an excellent deep blue or purple look to it) and you are biking or driving through a HPS lit place and you look up seeing the orange lamps and the blue or purple sky, also same thing happens on the street itself, if it's a poorly lit road then you can see that sections of the street are blue and orange fills in the remaining gaps.

The constant re-appearing shadow that you get when walking under a generally lit place (like a hallway and sometimes even a street).

Where light from a HPS seems to leak into a room thats nowhere near it or even in view.

Turing on a HPS and putting a magnifying glass to it and you point it towards the ceiling and when you reached the focal point, it projects a nice and dimmer image of the arc tube for easy viewing.

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
Şetta er Mackenzie eğa F96 GF, ég elska lısingu og mun skjóta upp á LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #196 on: July 29, 2018, 04:42:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
@F96T12 DD VHO, I think I understand what you mean with driving (or biking) and seeing the HPS lamps and blue/purple sky.
But I definitely understand and agree with the constant re-appearing shadow. With me though, it's especially satisfying (and cool)
when seeing the shadow from the lights constantly appear when driving and definitely when biking. Like in HPS lit tunnels, or
anything like that.
I also understand and agree with seeing the dimmer image of a very bright arc tube... especially with cool ways of doing it,
like with what you described with the magnifying glass. I think I've done stuff like that before as well.

Another satisfying thing to me:
-HPS lit sky... the sky being illuminated by the HPS light reflecting off the ground during the night, then ricocheting off the clouds.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #197 on: July 29, 2018, 09:32:56 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
The smell drifting through from the kitchen as the banananana bread bakes.  Smiley
Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #198 on: August 01, 2018, 04:17:19 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Taking the washing in minutes before it starts to pour down with rain.  Smiley
Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #199 on: August 06, 2018, 08:40:58 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
When a catses comes up and says hello.  Grin
MissRiaElaine
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #200 on: August 06, 2018, 08:41:48 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
When a catses comes up and says hello.  Grin
And lets you pick them up for a stroke and a cuddle  Grin
Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #201 on: August 06, 2018, 01:23:33 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Having a catses turn on their purring engine for you.  Grin
CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #202 on: August 06, 2018, 06:19:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
Getting the oil changed in my car.  I love the feeling of driving on the highway, and imagining the fresh synthetic oil cycling through the engine and being good to go for another 5000 miles!  Wink  I also like getting a clean bill of health from the mechanic, too.  Today's first trip to the garage with my new Subaru Legacy revealed perfect hoses, belts, air filter, and coolant.  Had the oil replaced, all the lights checked, and heard that the tires had plenty of life left too.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

ace100w120v

View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #203 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:00 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Slamming the doors of old army trucks.  We jokingly compared it to a wineglass shattering, in terms of the sound.
Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #204 on: August 07, 2018, 07:35:16 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Getting a formula on a spreadsheet to do what you want it to do.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #205 on: August 08, 2018, 11:13:01 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
When you see a bright light source and it is the only source lit (lets say it's a 250W HPS) and is placed dead center in a room that is the size of a large factory. Nothing blocking it, and the walls are grey but the ceiling is painted white. Basically the room is empty and windowless and even on all sides except the ceiling
You turn on the source of light and wait for it to fully warm up, once it's fully warmed up, you get about one foot away from it facing away from the arc tube. Then you walk closer to one wall watching your shadow become more sharp and crisp, as well as stretched.
When you reached the wall you can still see your shadow is very sharp and relative to your height. You turn around facing the light and lets say you're wearing a white shirt and you can still see that your shirt is illuminated with the orange light

Long story short, It is very satisfying to see how far the light goes until your shirt isn't the color of the light or until your shadow becomes hard to see. This just doesn't go just to HPS, it really goes to any source of light including the sun

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
Şetta er Mackenzie eğa F96 GF, ég elska lısingu og mun skjóta upp á LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #206 on: August 08, 2018, 11:15:57 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Learning how to play a simple tune on the mandolin.
MissRiaElaine
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #207 on: August 08, 2018, 11:16:58 AM » Author: MissRiaElaine
Learning how to play a simple tune on the mandolin.
Watching you enjoying yourself doing it  Smiley Kiss
Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #208 on: August 09, 2018, 05:33:44 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Knowing that the one you love is never more than an arm's length away.  Kiss
Miss Cuddly
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #209 on: August 09, 2018, 09:15:40 AM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Taking things apart with the help of 'Mr Smashy'  Cheesy
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines