Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65372 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 08:03:22 PM » Author: sol
The tactile feedback of pressing in clicky buttons along with the click sound they make. Bliss. 8)

For me, pressing buttons that have a rather long travel (ones that press in far).
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
Even though I don't condone it, I also enjoy sitting back and chilling watching severe storms. I have yet to
experience a true supercell storm face to face though.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:13 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Even though it is witner here, today it is suprisingly hot and I can see some black clouds in the horizon. Also I've attached a couple of pictures of storms here in Australia. 8)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 10:41:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
That second one looks like a developing shelf cloud. Not a supercell, but definitely associated
with strong and some severe storms. Normally squall-lines

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:51 PM » Author: CEB1993
I agree with the clicking sound of buttons on electronics. A long travel and a deep pitched "click" indicate a good quality device. The low effort of pressing buttons and keys on a MacBook is really nice too.  I like how MacBooks have a smooth and tactile feeling keyboard.  The middle part of my belly button sticks out and I can only push that in a little bit. The buttons on a new GameCube control are stiff and feel springloaded until they get broken in and worn out after hours of use.  One of the most satisfying buttons to push, the snooze button  :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:59:29 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 11:05:33 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've never seen a storm develop like in your 2nd picture, Mercurylamps.  Your 1st picture reminds me of how storms gradually roll in over the mountains near my house and the hot and sunny afternoon suddenly goes dim.  Sudden afternoon thunderstorms are always a possibility in SC's warm and humid climate. That does look like it could be a supercell or part of a squall line. I love feeling downdrafts from big storms on a hot summer day. The cold downward wind from the tall thunderhead clouds is refreshing and usually happens right before it starts to rain.  It's so cool to see a classic thunderhead cloud develop out in the distance.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:08:39 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #51 on: July 24, 2017, 11:19:47 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Having such pictures make me fascinated. The second picture happened in November 2015 and it's the first I've ever seen such a cloud before. It was actually visbily and rapidly moving towards us as well and I ran out to my car quickly after taking the shot. Within a minute the rain poured so hard so I sheltered in the car until the rain eased before driving off.

CEB1993 The first picture is typically how storms appear here as well on a hot and sunny afternoon. Another thing that is satisfying is seeing a far, distant storm cloud at night time with all the lightning flashing around the cloud rapidly every few seconds, including some bright positive strikes coming from top of the cloud to the ground. A very pretty sight.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #52 on: July 30, 2017, 12:27:41 AM » Author: CEB1993
Watching a huge snowstorm on the weather radar and preparing to see my yard get covered in snow. I love the snow since it only happens about 1 or 2 times per year here in SC.
New windshield wipers that don't make a sound.
Coca Cola from a glass bottle, a real classic.
Taking a snooze on a Sunday afternoon.
Being in my own bed after coming home from a trip.

Stop the lamp bans!

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #53 on: July 30, 2017, 12:36:01 AM » Author: Lodge
Watching a huge snowstorm on the weather radar and preparing to see my yard get covered in snow. I love the snow since it only happens about 1 or 2 times per year here in SC.

And I love having that Coca Cola in a glass bottle cooled to -2C (28F) so when you pop the top the liquid freezes to a slurpy like constancy all the way down and watching it happen is cool..
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #54 on: July 30, 2017, 06:16:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
@mercury lamps, I agree with that. Storm clouds from far distance... especially if the storm is severe during
the nighttime... is very interesting to see. Constant never ending flashes of lighting dancing around the storm.
I look at that and wonder to myself how that isn't interesting to anyone lol
Supercell storms typically give off the shape of a UFO, at the base of the cloud where the Mesocyclone is located.
Mesocyclone = very bad. Most of the time a Mesocyclone will produce a tornado.

Interests:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #55 on: July 30, 2017, 06:46:17 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
@suzukir123: Speaking of storms have you or anyone here witnessed ball lightning?

I'm sure I've witnessed ball lightning many years ago back in 2009. Back when I lived with my parents they have a house near the beach and I was with my younger brother (then aged 9 or 10) and we were watching a distant storm over the beach at night time I witnessed a white ball of light in the lightning cloud shoot straight down to the ocean and disappear. My jaw dropped and I asked my brother Ross if he witnessed it which he did too. I found it amazing and wished I recorded it. :o

I'm not so sure about snow, since we don't get it where I live. It's usually hot and dry where I live and only becomes mild during the winter. ;D I love getting new windshield wipers and seeing how good they are when they work.

Some more things that are satisfying:

Buying new tyres and sitting at the tyre shop smelling the rubber. I love that smell.
I too love lazy snoozing on weekends, I do that a lot. As well as collapsing on my own bed after a road trip, or even being on the road for ages and collapsing on the bed at a hotel/motel/caravan park. :)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #56 on: July 30, 2017, 04:01:25 PM » Author: suzukir122
No I haven't witnessed ball lightning but YES I have heard of ball lightning, when I was a kid. I use to read about that all
the time, and how ball lightning enters homes and thing like that. I definitely had, and still have high interest in ball lightning,
so it's awesome you brought that up. But nope, never seen ball lighting during a thunderstorm.
Mild winters? No snow? You lucky, lucky man.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 11:06:08 PM » Author: CEB1993
Oh man, I've heard of ball lightning and it sounds really scary.  I've never seen it myself, but I've heard stories of it appearing inside houses or airplanes for a short time.  I've heard of it knocking the power out in houses.  If it hits land and not water, I've heard it can sound like an explosion and cause widespread power outages.  Mercurylamps, thats awesome that you got to see that kind of lightning and it was fortunate that it went into the ocean where it wouldn't cause any damage.

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #58 on: July 31, 2017, 09:28:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've never seen ball lightning, but my dad said he saw it once, and it was just rolling along a powerline :shock: said it was the strangest looking thing!

One cool thing with thunderstorms in the summer is seeing little puffy clouds start out over the mountains, and watch them grow throughout the day, and in the afternoon they've become storms!
Most of the storms I've seen in my time have been fairly small & pass by quickly (probably because I live near the mountains?) But I have seen some severe storms, and even supercell storms.

Anyone ever see a thunder-snow-storm in the fall or spring? That's a pretty neat one too! (doesn't happen very often though)

I also kinda like those rare times when you get a blizzard that lasts a few days. & you end up with a couple/few feet of snow on the ground.

Oh and I know I mentioned I love a good heavy rain... I also like those big snowflakes that can be a couple inches across! Looking straight up & watching them fall is really neat too.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #59 on: August 02, 2017, 08:08:32 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've never witnessed an organized supercell in my entire life, but I have witnessed thunder-snow. Only twice
in my life. I remember when I was a kid, I was looking out the window at the heavy, hamster sized snowflakes
falling from the sky. Then all of the sudden, two bright flashes, followed by a lighting strike. Then the rumble
of thunder. I remembered sitting there for a second processing what I just saw, then I ran to my little brother
asking if he saw it too and he did as well. A moment in history.
I forget when I saw another thunder-snow storm, but I think it was sometime in 2014 or 2015.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies