Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65348 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #255 on: January 30, 2021, 07:48:54 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Finding out that the table that has been cluttered for ages is actually made out of wood...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #256 on: March 13, 2021, 03:07:49 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The burble of a V8 engine as a car pulls away from a junction.  :love:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Desultory13
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #257 on: March 13, 2021, 03:40:22 PM » Author: Desultory13
Up shifting the gears on an 18wheeler and gaining speed out on an open stretch of highway and moving that machinery around.
True power and freedom!
Desultory13
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #258 on: March 13, 2021, 05:20:28 PM » Author: Desultory13
Feeding marshmallows to my raccoons Rocky and Johnny.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #259 on: March 13, 2021, 05:22:44 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Having a good day at my writing.  :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #260 on: March 13, 2021, 05:27:18 PM » Author: Rommie
And it's a good day today  :love:

Me, I just like being here and lighting lamps, while watching her write and reading it afterwards  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #261 on: May 03, 2021, 11:47:59 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Motor startups, the smell of AC unit or a freezer, the smell of drywall and freshly cut wood. The sound of 40 V8s cracking up and reving minutes before the green flag, a humming ballast, that one thing you have been working on has finally worked, a good paper book on a cold winter day.

I know, i am a weird person lol. :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Desultory13
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #262 on: May 03, 2021, 11:59:43 PM » Author: Desultory13
Motor startups, the smell of AC unit or a freezer, the smell of drywall and freshly cut wood. The sound of 40 V8s cracking up and reving minutes before the green flag, a humming ballast, that one thing you have been working on has finally worked, a good paper book on a cold winter day.

I know, i am a weird person lol. :lol:
Well if you're weird then that makes 2 of us. ::)
As if Ria and Sammi need to know this. :mrg:
I agree with everything you said and as a Floridian I'll throw in that weird smokey smell when the furnace turns on for the first time in 10 months.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #263 on: May 04, 2021, 12:08:14 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Well if you're weird then that makes 2 of us. ::)
As if Ria and Sammi need to know this. :mrg:
I agree with everything you said and as a Floridian I'll throw in that weird smokey smell when the furnace turns on for the first time in 10 months.

That one i have a memory of, when i lived in el paso we lived in a very old military duplex and the first year we where there we fired up the furnace, the fire alarm went off from all the dust burning, but the alarm was not your average smoke detector, no no it was a good and loud Fire Bell! Scared me and my brothers, my dad had to take us out on a drive on the highway to calm us down while my mom figured out the heater just had not run in ages and caused it all lol. :mrg:

I think they already know that Jamie. ::)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #264 on: November 20, 2022, 06:16:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The smell of freshly baked rollses as they come out of the oven.  :love:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #265 on: November 20, 2022, 06:21:57 PM » Author: Econolite03
The smell of gasoline while pumping at the Chevron®️.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #266 on: November 21, 2022, 07:39:29 AM » Author: rjluna2
I like to smell of the diesel exhaust.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #267 on: November 21, 2022, 12:42:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Just don't breathe in too hard  :o :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies