Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65378 times)
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #90 on: September 10, 2017, 08:32:03 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Well I've put the deposit on a Nissan X-Trail and going to trade in my 2004 Nissan Pulsar for it. I can't wait to pick it up next week. It has been looked after it's life. My Subaru will now become my daily driver. Getting a new car is another satisfying thing. ;D
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #91 on: September 10, 2017, 10:25:10 PM » Author: CEB1993
I got a new Fossil watch for my birthday and wearing it during the day is awesome!  The handsome leather band is so comfortable and it fits my small wrist perfectly. I love a new watch! 

This one is big and bold, and yet light weight and really comfortable. A big improvement over a metal band watch.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #92 on: September 16, 2017, 11:53:08 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I got a new Fossil watch for my birthday and wearing it during the day is awesome!  The handsome leather band is so comfortable and it fits my small wrist perfectly. I love a new watch! 

This one is big and bold, and yet light weight and really comfortable. A big improvement over a metal band watch.

Love your watch, never heard of Fossil watches though. :o

I have a black G-Shock watch I purchased at the start of the year with a gold face. It's strong, tough, durable for work and I can wear it when I have a bath, though I take it off anyway as water gets in between the watch and my arm and feels horrible. I'll have to get a picture later.

I pick up my new Nissan X-Trail this week and I'm excited.  ;D
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #93 on: September 17, 2017, 06:48:22 AM » Author: sol
Another oddly satisfying thing is watching a fan of some kind (oscillating, ceiling, etc) spin under magnetically ballasted lights, especially if the blades are metal. The strobe effect on the blades can sometimes make it appear to spin slowly in the opposite direction.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #94 on: September 17, 2017, 06:04:54 PM » Author: CEB1993
Love your watch, never heard of Fossil watches though. :o

I have a black G-Shock watch I purchased at the start of the year with a gold face. It's strong, tough, durable for work and I can wear it when I have a bath, though I take it off anyway as water gets in between the watch and my arm and feels horrible. I'll have to get a picture later.

I pick up my new Nissan X-Trail this week and I'm excited.  ;D

Thanks Mercurylamps!  I've really enjoyed my new watch.  The leather band is really comfortable and the watch face itself is waterproof, but the leather is susceptible to moisture and stains so I cannot wear it in the shower or in the pool, and I am careful to not spill food on it.  I've never had a leather watch until now, so I am being extra careful ;)

I've seen G-Shock watches and they certainly look durable!  Having a new watch is such a good feeling!

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #95 on: September 17, 2017, 07:27:12 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
i dont really obsess over my time piece, i have a casio F-91W it has been going for 7 years now, and i've put it through alot of hell.... the last nice watch i had blew up within a year due to being overheated.... yess i literally put my time piece through hell... try sitting out in a hot 100 degree day with one of those things on... lol they can take the heat!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #96 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:45 PM » Author: CEB1993
My old watch with a metal band was really hot and uncomfortable on hot summer days.  Although I have small wrists, the heat would make my watch feel sticky and tight.  Upgrading to a leather band is far more comfortable.

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #97 on: September 17, 2017, 10:20:34 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I hate doing drywall...not so much putting it up, but doing the tape/joint-compound is a biitch and just plain sucks.

Though when its time to break out the texture-g, that's even kinda fun, and is sorta oddly satisfying, so if the smell/look of a freshly textured wall/ceiling (same for the sorta humid-ish feeling it leaves in the room)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #98 on: September 21, 2017, 10:16:46 PM » Author: CEB1993
Getting a haircut and a good shave. I love the feeling of having short, well groomed hair on my head and face. The Jack Black eucalyptus beard lube that I use to shave leaves my face nice and smooth without any rough whiskers. shaving without any cuts or bloodshed is another satisfying accomplishment for me.

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #99 on: September 22, 2017, 06:34:13 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Getting a haircut and a good shave. I love the feeling of having short, well groomed hair on my head and face. The Jack Black eucalyptus beard lube that I use to shave leaves my face nice and smooth without any rough whiskers. shaving without any cuts or bloodshed is another satisfying accomplishment for me.

Yeah I keep my hair short, it's the best. It also dries quickly after a bath or shower as well. ;D

Picture of my new weekend car. My Subaru is now the daily driver. 8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:20:15 AM by Mercurylamps » Logged
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #100 on: September 22, 2017, 03:26:58 PM » Author: CEB1993
Yeah I keep my hair short, it's the best. It also dries quickly after a bath or shower as well. ;D

Picture of my new weekend car. My Subaru is now the daily driver. 8)

Nice car!  I'm thinking about getting something that size and with 4 wheel drive for when I spend a year up in New York for graduate school.  I need a more spacious car that can drive in the snow.  I haven't seen that model of Nissan here in the United States, looks like a really good size for weekend road trips.

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #101 on: September 25, 2017, 08:56:50 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Nice car!  I'm thinking about getting something that size and with 4 wheel drive for when I spend a year up in New York for graduate school.  I need a more spacious car that can drive in the snow.  I haven't seen that model of Nissan here in the United States, looks like a really good size for weekend road trips.

Thanks. ;) Yeah it's a great car and being a 2.5L 4 cylinder it is surprisingly fuel economical for it's size. It's known for reliability too and it does need a couple of minor issues fixed and it is good to go for road trips. Nissan makes great cars in my experience, one I recommend. :)

Speaking of oddly satisfying things, the very first cup of tea or coffee you have when you wake up in the morning. I find it very refreshing after a good night of sleep.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #102 on: September 25, 2017, 09:21:42 PM » Author: sol
I need a more spacious car that can drive in the snow. 

Driving in snow, however, is not at all satisfying. Arriving home after driving in said snow is very satisfying. In snow, I find the control is slightly better with a manual transmission.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #103 on: September 25, 2017, 09:27:19 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Here in Australia there is only a couple of areas that have snow and I've been there. Indeed it isn't fun driving in the snow, especially when you have a rear wheel drive sedan with a inline 6 cylinder engine with a 4 speed automatic transmission. You end up having difficulty taking off or keeping the car straight, or even steering. That was in my old 2005 Ford Falcon with Yokahama tyres with tyre chains fitted. :o
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #104 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:44 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Here in Australia there is only a couple of areas that have snow and I've been there. Indeed it isn't fun driving in the snow, especially when you have a rear wheel drive sedan with a inline 6 cylinder engine with a 4 speed automatic transmission. You end up having difficulty taking off or keeping the car straight, or even steering. That was in my old 2005 Ford Falcon with Yokahama tyres with tyre chains fitted. :o
you would really enjoy Michigan, lake effect is a b**** lol

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies