Author Topic: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-(  (Read 5029 times)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 11:23:46 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Lemme know if you can get it jake, so we can finalize our trade. I still have the Postline ballasts. :)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 08:54:18 AM » Author: Lumex120
Lemme know if you can get it jake, so we can finalize our trade. I still have the Postline ballasts. :)
What kind of postline ballasts?

Unofficial LG Discord

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 08:12:31 PM » Author: M250R201SA
It was just burned out.  What strikes me as odd is today, The Ameren lineman showed up and changed the PE Control (DP124-1.5-1704) and re-lamped it and it works now.  He didn't replace the luminaire like he usually does.  So about an hour ago, I went and had a look-see and I noticed that not only did he not replace this luminaire with a 100w 201SA like usual, but he put a Sylvania 175 watt Mercury lamp in a 250 watt luminaire.  Will this cause any problems down the road?  I didn't wanna bother him, but this is the second time in 2 weeks that I've seen the same lineman relamp with Mercury lamps instead of the usual remove and replace with an HPS fixture.  The first time was a city owned/operated light, this one was on private property (behind my house in the alleyway, but maintained by the utility).  It just shocked me that he didn't put the correct wattage lamp.  I wouldn't have been as shocked if he had put a 250w lamp in a 175w luminaire, but to put a 175w lamp in a 250w fixture troubles me.  What kind of problems might this create, if any?

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 08:18:59 PM » Author: M250R201SA
I also wanted to add that the 25 NEMA label is pretty worn, but even I can see, without binoculars, that it is a 250w Mercury luminaire.  So what I don't understand is why he did not install the correct lamp...?

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 10:24:05 PM » Author: Lumex120
It was just burned out.  What strikes me as odd is today, The Ameren lineman showed up and changed the PE Control (DP124-1.5-1704) and re-lamped it and it works now.  He didn't replace the luminaire like he usually does.  So about an hour ago, I went and had a look-see and I noticed that not only did he not replace this luminaire with a 100w 201SA like usual, but he put a Sylvania 175 watt Mercury lamp in a 250 watt luminaire.  Will this cause any problems down the road?  I didn't wanna bother him, but this is the second time in 2 weeks that I've seen the same lineman relamp with Mercury lamps instead of the usual remove and replace with an HPS fixture.  The first time was a city owned/operated light, this one was on private property (behind my house in the alleyway, but maintained by the utility).  It just shocked me that he didn't put the correct wattage lamp.  I wouldn't have been as shocked if he had put a 250w lamp in a 175w luminaire, but to put a 175w lamp in a 250w fixture troubles me.  What kind of problems might this create, if any?
Are you sure it's a 175w lamp?

Unofficial LG Discord

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 02:41:03 PM » Author: M250R201SA
I'm absolutely positive.  I looked through my binoculars and saw where it said 175 where the wattage is printed

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 03:27:18 PM » Author: funkybulb
What with all frustration and anger

First find what scrap yard your utilty company uses
And go check at scrap yard and see if those lights can
Be purchase from your local scrap yard

My local scrap yard handles two utiilties
Also Handle TxDOT traffic and Streetlight waste

Yet I save a OVZ, LM and westy nema fixture
As well as Nema arms dirt cheap

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 03:32:11 PM » Author: Silverliner
Wattage mismatching is more common than you think, dude.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:33 AM » Author: M250R201SA
How safe/unsafe is that?  Could the lamp potentially rupture?  Or will it just cause the lamp to fail prematurely.  I just wish I knew why he out a 175w lamp in a 250w fixture.  I figured he, of all people, would put the right lamp in

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 05:59:28 AM » Author: Ash
Thats what he had on hand then, and did nt want to drive to the department, or they had no 250W in the department too..

I expect fast Lm deprecation (modern lamps generally deprecate fast even on the correct gear), dont know what the EOL will be like. Mismatched Wattages are indeed common, tho usually they atleast know what mismatch will still work relatively well (and the good ones are allways in the direction of underpowering the lamp)

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Dam* Dam* Dam*, Another one bites the Dust >:-( « Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:55 AM » Author: funkybulb
250 watt nwma buckets are not that common
175 watt yes it will overdrive the lamp.  It only over driven about 75 watts but realty closer 50 or 60 watts
Yes this mis match is harder on the ballast. But that depends on the ballast quailty. Also MV lamp can take
This kind of abuse of overdriving.  if they put in cheap
MV lamp it might pose a problem as some of those cheapest MV lamp using 125 watt arc tube.
In realty it all what they have on there truck
175 watt mv and a uncommon nema bucket.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies