Author Topic: A HPS lamp that constantly turning on and off for several secs at dim orange?  (Read 951 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

A HPS lamp that constantly turning on and off for several secs at dim orange? « on: August 07, 2016, 01:04:30 PM » Author: dor123
There is a Schreder Sepale at the city center of Qiryat Ata, that its HPS lamp (Osram NAV(SON)-E 250W made in China) is EOL, but it have a strage behavior: It don't really doing normal cycles when the arc extingushing from full output, cooling down slightly and than the ignitor restrike it at almost full output, warming up and repeating, but rather turning ON and OFF repeatedly at a dim orange color without warm up actually, in an intervals of several secs for ON to several tens of sec for OFF (Likely flashing on and off slowly at orange without warm-up).
It doing this from the moment the roadlighting turning on, than after repeating this for a long time, the lamps begins to get more and more brighter before extingushing and until it reaches full brightness, and than remains there without extingushing.
I've a video of this lantern doing this that I've posted two months ago: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-122090 , but yesterday, when I was there, it seems that the periods between the ON and Off states, has been shortned.
I've never seen this behavior in other EOL HPS lamps, other than the chinese Osram NAV(SON-E).
What causes this?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A HPS lamp that constantly turning on and off for several secs at dim orange? « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:02:34 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I have seen similar behavior on a few Sylvania HPS 50, 70, 100, & 150 watt EoL bulbs here in the USA. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies