Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 255504 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1185 on: August 24, 2022, 08:01:40 PM » Author: 108CAM
I went back to the kinder upgrade project to see what else I could find and scored 2 5 foot battens and another 4 Philips Vandalites. There was also a 2 lamp LED floodlight designed to look like a 2 lamp PAR38 floodlight that I left because it's LED and I already have one in my collection.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1186 on: August 24, 2022, 09:24:50 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but last light-thing I did was..
Install a new lightfixture by the deck door to replace the one I'd taken down. (New fixture is still incandescent & infact got the same lamp that was in the old one)
Re-install the light by the shed door (fresh paint & it looks like a new fixture.)
{both walls also got painted which was the reason for removing the fixtures in the first place}

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1187 on: August 27, 2022, 10:25:39 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Got another couple of oily lampses today...  :oil-ltn:  :love:  :oil-ltn:  :love:

A Chalwyn Flag that was probably made in South Africa, and another Chalwyn Tropic, this one is stamped Mk2 with the date 1956.
I've had notification that another lamp is due to be delivered later today.  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1188 on: August 27, 2022, 10:45:09 AM » Author: Rommie
They're breeding  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1189 on: August 27, 2022, 12:13:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The third lampses has now arrived.  :oil-ltn:

I now have a Tempest to add to the family.  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1190 on: August 31, 2022, 12:35:50 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Got into my "pile of junk lights" ...
A stack/pile of Christmas lights in the basement, containing all the lightsets(and there's LOTS of them) that quit-working/got-damaged/was-defective/etc(& I didn't feel like fixing) over what's probably a 2-3 decade period now).

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1191 on: August 31, 2022, 12:43:42 AM » Author: 108CAM
Been trying to figure out how to mount lights in my limited space and without using the walls

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1192 on: September 01, 2022, 12:27:49 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Repaired 8 sets of mini LED lights...
Most of the problems were caused by a bad LED, so a matter of find the bad one & replace it. I have a fairly quick & easy method to find 'em.
One set had a bad resistor..that took a bit more to figure out the issue there (& required snippers, strippers, soldering iron, heatshrink, + a resistor to fix)

(in addition to the 8 sets that got fixed, 5 went in the 'unfixable' pile)

So 13 sets dealt with so far...And that's just the beginning, there's still a large pile of lights waiting. .LOL. (whether or not the project is complete it gets ended last weekend of Sept (1st weekend of Oct starts put up time for the Christmas display))

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1193 on: September 02, 2022, 12:34:07 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
15 more sets of mini LED lights repaired this evening...

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1194 on: September 03, 2022, 11:24:44 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday evening... 4 sets of mini incandescent lights repaired
Today... 18 more sets repaired

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1195 on: September 06, 2022, 12:00:27 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..
Fixed a dozen or so more sets of incandescent mini lights.
Unlike all the previous ones which needed defective/dead/broken/etc bulbs taken care of, these needed stuff like broken or defective sockets replaced....

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1196 on: September 07, 2022, 11:57:17 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday evening..
Repaired 5 sets of mini lights. These sets had wires that'd become damaged at some point.

This evening..
Repaired 7 sets of mini lights. 1 had a cracked socket, 1 had a wire that was never connected at the factory, the rest all had dangerous factory defects like bare spots on wires.
Also repaired 2 sets of LED lights. 1 with a bad solder joint on its resistor, 1 with a damaged wire.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 12:52:01 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1197 on: September 08, 2022, 11:21:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
This evening..
Five sets of LED lights fixed, which involved:
1 cracked socket replaced
2 bad resistors replaced
1 wireing defect repaired
1 damaged wire repaired

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1198 on: September 09, 2022, 01:36:31 AM » Author: joseph_125
Tonight:

Testing some used 55w SOX lamps I bought. So far so good. Now I can store the NOS Osram one I have until I use up these used Philips lamps.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1199 on: September 09, 2022, 07:51:28 AM » Author: 108CAM
1200 replies! Keep it up!

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies