Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254411 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1155 on: June 06, 2022, 02:06:10 AM » Author: joseph_125
Spent some time swapping all the lampholders on my louvered fluorescent fixture. I was having trouble with certain lamps not starting. It turns out the lamps needed the pins cleaned too. The lampholders I swapped out had a few chips in them anyway.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1156 on: June 06, 2022, 09:19:53 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’ll be checking in just for today as I’ve got some new stuff. Feel free to check out my newest uploads!
 8)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1157 on: June 21, 2022, 08:07:49 PM » Author: 108CAM
Here's some of the things I've done over the past few weeks.
I repaired a twin diffused batten that was missing the diffuser,
I found a top mount AJ Ferguson Zodiac with an arm on sale for $10 but ended up not being able to get it because the seller decided they'd keep it for themselves despite the fact I had already arranged pickup and successfully talked my mum into driving me to get the light,
And I trashpicked a genuine Luxo Lamp albeit missing the base and cable.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1158 on: July 01, 2022, 03:53:05 AM » Author: 108CAM
Purchased my first SOX lamp and gear today. Hopefully it arrives in one piece and will fit inside the fixture shell I have prepared.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1159 on: July 10, 2022, 11:56:58 AM » Author: Molly
Gonna head out later today to take pics of some street lights!

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1160 on: July 13, 2022, 01:01:49 AM » Author: HPS_250
Bought some Sylvania 40w incandescents and converted one of my bathroom fixtures from failing LEDs.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 01:07:24 AM by HPS_250 » Logged

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1161 on: July 13, 2022, 02:31:46 AM » Author: thelightingman
It wasn't today but the other day I saved a 100 watt PSMH yardblaster that was being changed out for LED (funny enough the new LED fixture was DOA) and the only thing I had to do was change the ignitor for the lamp.  :emh:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1162 on: July 13, 2022, 04:04:56 PM » Author: Molly
Changed my ceiling fan bulb

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1163 on: July 20, 2022, 06:07:47 AM » Author: 108CAM
I converted a Philips ConTempo floodlight from 250w MH to 35w LPS

1925-2002

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1164 on: July 20, 2022, 08:24:05 AM » Author: Molly
Changed one of the bathroom lights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1165 on: July 21, 2022, 12:40:46 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
On the weekend, took down the 4 fluorescent fixtures I had as extra lighting for the deck (so I could properly paint the wall there)
Yesterday I painted the insides of the fixtures (were originally a beige-brown color, now are silver inside, & will be hammered-silver on the outside)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1166 on: July 21, 2022, 08:46:11 PM » Author: Molly
Changed an EOL bulb in the TV room.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1167 on: July 22, 2022, 08:52:09 PM » Author: Molly
Bought a new bulb for my dinosaur lamp :P

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1168 on: July 24, 2022, 02:45:28 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Wired up another street light with an in-line switch
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1169 on: July 24, 2022, 07:48:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Friday.. finished painting the fluorescents
Today.. took down a 70w HPS from the side of the house as I'll be painting that wall.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies