Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254356 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1245 on: October 19, 2022, 03:34:52 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Some of the Orange cap Westies that I am getting.  These should be 70s early 80s vintage I believe. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163933311353

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1246 on: October 25, 2022, 02:55:32 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Installed 2 75W MV bulbs to replace 2 70W MH bulbs and they work GREAT!  Also replaced 2 70W MH with 2 100W MH and they too are working great.  Also installed a non-protected 70W Philips MH bulb, will run this for about a year and then toss it and replace it with a 75W MV.  The MVs are coated so good colortone. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1247 on: October 27, 2022, 07:15:52 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
picked up about 60 or so F30T12 tubes, mixture of CW and WW from a church building I help maintain that converted to T8 a few years back.  Problem is, there are very few 30 inch fixtures out there, so I may never find a use for them.  1980s and 90s vintage Sylvania. 

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1248 on: October 27, 2022, 09:07:11 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the F30s are quite niche compared to the F20s and the F40s. I have a almost complete case of F25s (3ft T8) that will probably last me for a while.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1249 on: October 28, 2022, 12:19:46 AM » Author: 108CAM
I haven't been doing much lighting related stuff lately because of personal reasons but I do plan to make videos of some of my streetlights and release them over the few days.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1250 on: October 28, 2022, 12:58:49 AM » Author: icefoglights
Took down my American Electric 175w MV NEMA and replaced it with my Philips 70w HPS "grooved head".

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1251 on: October 28, 2022, 06:08:18 AM » Author: Rommie
Yesterday, lit our newly acquired Siemens Sieray 300W MAT/V lamp  8)

Photos to follow  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1252 on: October 28, 2022, 05:43:49 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Spent the day ‘restoring’ some of Lena Lightings “questionable” quality LED lanterns  ::) ;D, for the yard lighting at work!
Bin off a dead LED lantern and buy a shiny new one?……..NOT ON MY WATCH!  :angel:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1253 on: October 29, 2022, 11:03:00 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We have done it.!!!!!!!!!  :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: 8)

The holy grail of LPS lampses has been litted after goodness knows how many years, the 280W (2 x 140w) SOI/H is now running, and it's a wonderful sight to behold,  :love: :love: :love: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps:

Again photos to follow.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1254 on: October 29, 2022, 11:58:05 AM » Author: Rommie
And here they are  :bulbman: :love: :lps:

How long since one of these beauties has been seen lit at full power in all its glory..?  :love: :lps: :love: :lps: :love: :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1255 on: October 29, 2022, 01:04:13 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
And for those of you who have been waiting, here is the MAT/V lamp in all its glory. :mv: :love:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1256 on: October 29, 2022, 11:23:22 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Over the past few weeks (on weekends & random evenings) its been all about getting Christmas lights up.
(also put up a little bit for Halloween last weekend...)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1257 on: October 30, 2022, 09:13:49 PM » Author: Lumex120
The local Frattallone's Hardware (formerly Ace) down the block from my house is closing so some new developments can be built on the site, and they are letting everything go for 50% off. There's a ton of lighting stuff there, yesterday I got 2 2-lamp F20T12 Lithonia strips with magnetic ballasts, a pair of weird GE shatterproof ceiling fan lamps, and 2 white Zenith preheat PL13 jelly jar fixtures. What's interesting is that they appear to have been made in the late 2000s or even 2010s. I had seen them there before but just thought they were electronic ballast and didn't want to spend the $25 on one to find out.

Anyways, I'm pretty sad about the store closing as I grew up going there getting parts for all my little projects, but the company did say they do want to find some way to work out having a new store in the area because they were doing so well (their current store is in a decaying partially abandoned strip mall) so we'll see where that goes

Unofficial LG Discord

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1258 on: October 30, 2022, 10:23:30 PM » Author: joseph_125
Lighting up these Westy F34 CWXs in my louvered fixture for the night.

@Lumex120 - It's a shame to see smaller hardware stores like that close but at least it sounds like you got some decent lighting stuff there during the closing sale. IIRC F20 strips remained magnetic for quite a while. I bought F20 preheat strips from Lowe's as late as 2010 or so.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1259 on: October 31, 2022, 02:08:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Our favourite courier brought yet another oily lamp for my collection.! ;D

This time a NOS Chalwyn New Pilot.  :oil-ltn:

Thanks to AH for the heads up about the listing.  :-*

Pictures to follow.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies