Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249852 times)
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1260 on: October 31, 2022, 02:40:00 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Oh you actually did it! :mrg: :oil-ltn:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1261 on: October 31, 2022, 02:40:59 PM » Author: Rommie
And I thought I was nuts about LPS  :mrg: :oil-ltn:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1262 on: October 31, 2022, 02:51:20 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
You and me both! I have my B5 lit up for the night but I always have a non electric option at my bedside. Tonight it's the Pilot.
Oh and remember, I can't be held responsible for any lantern purchases. Alright, I may have told Sammi about this one but it still stands! :mrg:
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1263 on: October 31, 2022, 03:01:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hey it's all on me for this purchase...  :mrg:
The New Pilot is smaller than the Pilot and is about the size of the Far East.  :wndr:

At our bedsides, I have the Tropic, and Ria has the Flag. :oil-ltn:  :love: :oil-ltn:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1264 on: October 31, 2022, 03:09:04 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Better plan a side by side comparison photo :wndr:
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1265 on: October 31, 2022, 03:10:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That's what I'm going to do tomorrow.  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1266 on: November 02, 2022, 02:44:58 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A fresh supply of lamp oil came today, so oily lampses have been litted.   ;D :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:

And in case you missed it, here is the comparison shot. :oil-ltn::oil-ltn:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 02:47:12 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1267 on: November 02, 2022, 03:36:16 PM » Author: Rommie
Also we lit our newly acquired 60W linear sodium lamp :sli:  8)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1268 on: November 05, 2022, 08:40:29 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Yesterday I was on a bus for half an hour with a Philips MA90 remote gear with two lamps on my lap @-@
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1269 on: November 05, 2022, 09:00:38 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got the set of four Osram/GEC dichroic lamps delivered today  8) :par: :par: :par: :par:
Plus the single clear one. :par:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1270 on: November 05, 2022, 09:06:58 AM » Author: Rommie
@ AgentHalogen_87 - I bet that raised an eyebrow or two, did you have dead legs when it was time to get off the bus..?  :mrg:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1271 on: November 05, 2022, 03:37:06 PM » Author: joseph_125
@AgentHalogen_87 - Nice find! Probably raised a eyebrow or two bringing that on the bus. I once brought a pair of Revere Urban-Lites back on the train. Now if I know I'm going to be bringing lights back, I just opt to drive instead. :mrg:
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1272 on: November 05, 2022, 04:56:31 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
No stiff legs, and I don't know about eyebrows as I was on the first front facing row ::)
And when it comes to finding... when you work in street light maintenance you come across one or two :mrg:

Oh and to answer Ria's immediate question, I'm not touching LEDs on a regular basis. I work on keeping the good old stuff running. (Relamping, fault finding, etc.) I only touch LED lanterns if the entire column needs to be replaced, as in the case of this MA90
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1273 on: November 05, 2022, 06:55:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I gave a 400w MV Revere 2600 cobra a quick inspection and rough cleaning as it will be used for a trade with another collector . Nothing special  , I just blew out the dead bugs with compressed air , gave the refractor a good scrub with Super Clean and water and a scrub brush , replaced the crusty bolts on the slipfitter with some new hardware I got from work and verified the ballast was indeed 480v only .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1274 on: November 06, 2022, 12:14:48 AM » Author: thelightingman
This wasn't today but a couple of weeks ago I got one of those 100 watt metal halide lights that goes in the ground and is used as a uplight (That's what I can only assume) at my local ReStore for $25 and it is NOS. It is quite bright, I put it on a shelf and occasionally use it as an uplight. Yesterday I had to secure down my 100 watt HPS NEMA head on my house better because there were quite the high winds and it almost fell off my house.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies