Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 256714 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1395 on: July 16, 2023, 03:33:33 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Today I went on a short road trip to retrieve a early 60's ? 1000w MV GE PowerFlood I found on FaceBook Marektplace . Despite being in communication with the seller for 3 months  it was definitely worth the wait !! Photos soon !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1396 on: July 20, 2023, 05:21:33 PM » Author: Rommie
Yesterday and today we've been running up some of our wonderful Philips spectral lamps  8)

Today at the moment it's the turn of Krypton (the top one in that picture)  :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1397 on: July 21, 2023, 04:59:31 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've just taken delivery of 1¾ gallons of oily 'tuff.  8)
So the mass lighting of my oily lampses can go ahead.  :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:
I'm glad the weather has turned cooler...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1398 on: July 23, 2023, 08:36:09 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
  " I'm glad the weather has turned cooler...  :mrg:  "

Once you light you're entire collection NE Scotland will probably experiance a heatwave !!  :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1399 on: July 24, 2023, 08:53:20 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm going to wait until the end of the month for my new lantern to arrive before I do the light up.  ;D

Tim... What's with the punctuation.??  :wndr: :mrg:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1400 on: July 24, 2023, 05:52:28 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 What punctuation ??  :mrg:  I've been up late too many days in the last week !!  :(

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1401 on: July 24, 2023, 06:10:00 PM » Author: Rommie
What punctuation..? Exactly  :mrg:

"you're" instead of "your" was actually what we had in mind  ::)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1402 on: July 24, 2023, 06:11:53 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Like I said , WAYYY too many late nights !

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1403 on: July 24, 2023, 06:16:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Think what it's like when you call us, talk for four hours, then say you've got to go to bed.!!!  :poof: :mrg:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1404 on: July 24, 2023, 06:21:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 At least you don't have to get up at 4:30 in the morning !  :o

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1405 on: July 24, 2023, 06:23:24 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That's the time we get to bed after you've phoned...  :mrg:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1406 on: July 24, 2023, 06:24:31 PM » Author: Rommie
 :Railway_Light:  :Railway_Light:  :Railway_Light:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1407 on: July 24, 2023, 06:32:07 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 B.O.T.  I inspected my latest eBay purchases to find that one of the "new" items I purchased wasn't just used , it was also damaged to the point of being USELESS !!!  (I already sent the seller a message !!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1408 on: July 24, 2023, 06:32:09 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I have 4 church buildings within the city limits of Denver in which the City is requiring all lighting be converted over to LED by the end of the year.  Yeah, not happy about the fluorescent/incandescent ban hitting so close to home like this but am not surprised with this coming from the city of Denver.   

So last night I did a count of what exactly I'll have to convert over.  If I win the bid/quote to do the work, I'll be busy for a bit.  This is just for one building of the 4. 

Qty         Description for Quote

40           PL 4 pin ballast bypass replacing 32W 3500K CFL PL Tube

25           F17T8 3500K ballast bypass LED equivalent  to be 3500K

10           PL 4 Pin ballast bypass replacing 42W 4 pin 3500K CFL PL Tube

16           PL 2 Pin 4000K LED Equivalent replacing 13W 2 pin PL tube (thin tube) ballast bypass

10           BR40 13.5W or around there- 3000K flood light (dimable)

340         F32T8 3500K LED Equivalent - Replacing F32T8 3000K (we want to go with 3500K) quote for both ballast bypass and plug n play

72           23PLL/LED/835/BP  For 8 pendant fixtures.  Ballast bypass.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:43:37 PM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1409 on: July 27, 2023, 01:50:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Took delivery of another oily lamp, this time a Tropic Special, I've seen these going for at least three time what I paid.!  ;D :oil-ltn: :love:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies