Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 257169 times)
Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1545 on: April 12, 2024, 09:45:36 AM » Author: Laurens
I found the motherlode of cheap HPL-N Comfort 50 and 125 or 150ws, some SDW-ts (Not for sale in the USA?! Like... Why so specific?) and all the 150w tubular HPS and halide lamps you can wish for. At another scrapyard meets thrift shop.

I'm currently polling if there's any interest in my own country - the shopkeeper said that he already got rid of most of it because people only buy LED stuff so i am prepared to put in some effort to just buy a moving box full and have people pick them up at my place -  but i'm willing to send one box to the USA if there is any interest in them, for further distribution to the rest of people overseas who may be interested.

Pictures will follow after i'm done with the people who can pick them up here, so i don't lead anyone on :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 09:56:04 AM by Laurens » Logged
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1546 on: April 12, 2024, 10:33:32 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Today, I got some leds and a hidden lamp from a battery lantern. Since here the Shopkeepers don't understand properly, even after their stock supposedly ran out, talking a bit more will get them to find some items.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Caroline

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1547 on: April 13, 2024, 06:33:58 PM » Author: Caroline
Planning to finish my H4 desk lamp, right now it's working but it's missing the soft starter and step-down components so the bulbs are getting all of the 12V instead of the 10 (high) and 7 (low) I'd like. They're made to burn out in ~500 hours and you can tell because of how bright and hot they run, I'm not in a car so I don't need that much brightness to spot deers crossing the road ^^
rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1548 on: April 13, 2024, 09:09:12 PM » Author: rlshieldjr
Went to the Riverside ReStore with Dave and met fluorescentlover40. Got a few bargains as bulbs were 75% off.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1549 on: April 14, 2024, 12:22:06 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Changed out a bad T8 ballast. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1550 on: April 14, 2024, 11:05:00 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I took delivery of eight litres of oily 'tuff (aka paraffin), half an hour too late to fill up the lampses in the bathroom for our soakses though.  :( :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1551 on: April 14, 2024, 11:08:17 AM » Author: Laurens
What do you do with paraffin in lamps?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1552 on: April 14, 2024, 11:11:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I light them of course.  :P :mrg:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1553 on: April 14, 2024, 03:46:02 PM » Author: Laurens
Ahhhh i was thinking about electric lanterns with some kind of obscure oil based optical system...
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1554 on: April 14, 2024, 03:52:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Nope, we don't need a leccytrickle supply for these.!  :mrg: :oil-ltn: :oil-ltn:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1555 on: April 14, 2024, 06:04:15 PM » Author: Rommie
They're in the bathroom as well, right over the taps, so leccy stuff would not be a good idea  :short: :poof:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1556 on: April 14, 2024, 10:54:28 PM » Author: BT25
Installed five ITT/American American Series 13 cobra-heads today at my dad's house. (These have been retrofitted to 70W and 150W CMH.) ;D

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1557 on: April 14, 2024, 11:45:12 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Got any pictures of them?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1558 on: April 15, 2024, 12:09:10 AM » Author: BT25
@ L of TW: No...I was going to, but it got late and I had to drive an hour and a half home. I'll try to get some next time I visit.
I also installed a Hubbell MHS175 flood that was originally 400W HPS...the old ballast was no good, so I installed a 150W/C102 CMH ballast in it, along with Philips Master-Color CDM150/U/PS/4K lamp...very good CRI. ;D

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1559 on: April 15, 2024, 01:43:44 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Removed emergency lighting and equipment from my 2018 Chevy 2500HD Silverado Duramax.  Potentially getting ready to sell the truck and get another. I had an emergency lighting upfitter that installs equipment for all the law enforcement agencies around here install the stuff back in late 2019 when I got the truck.  Have had a few offers for the truck lately that are too good to ignore.  Lots more folks looking for used trucks now given how high the prices are on new vehicles.   

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies