Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 257357 times)
Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1560 on: April 17, 2024, 10:55:32 AM » Author: Laurens
Built a focussing system for the Eye H50 at work, that's used for hexane or hexene and bromium to show subtitution reactions.
The Narva NF80-in-a-can is a bit more powerful and also potentially overdriven a bit (though no blackening of the arc tube is visible despite a good 15 years of occasional use), but has no system to concentrate the light or use any light radiated from the back - so with a bit of luck, the reaction happens as fast with the tiny 50w lamp, as it does with the 80w one.

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1561 on: April 18, 2024, 02:12:46 PM » Author: Laurens
Figured out i parted out the wrong Philips SL18. I had two: one worked fine, the other produced a horrible burnt electronics stench.

I had screwed my 'good' one into a socket and after a while... stench. Ugh.

I've now opened up the other one, but i can't really see anything wrong with it. It just runs very hot.

I kept the ballast of the other SL18 so i could conceivably swap them out. But it's hard to get access to it, without damaging the E27 socket. Either way, it's now running without the glass prismatic cover, so i can get an impression of what is running so hot - the ballast or the tube itself. The glass cover would get so hot, that i couldn't hold it for longer than like 5 seconds. That's not normal for an SL...

Might have to build a ring tester to see if the stinky one has a shorted out winding in the ballast. I hope not. One thing's for sure - i can see that the capacitor is undamaged.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 02:30:33 PM by Laurens » Logged
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1562 on: April 18, 2024, 05:05:56 PM » Author: BT25
Donated some cobra-heads today to a ReStore affiliate...had way to many (needed the space)...selling and shipping them is a PITA.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1563 on: April 18, 2024, 11:01:35 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Common modern stuff I presume ?

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1564 on: April 19, 2024, 01:54:31 AM » Author: BT25
Yes, along with a couple of MV's that were incomplete...one worked, but the other was questionable.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1565 on: April 19, 2024, 03:18:50 AM » Author: icefoglights
Actually, last weekend, so I'm a little late:  Wired up the ceiling light in the new room downstairs.  I went with the U-bent fixture that I picked up earlier this year.  However, I'm prepared for anything.  The ceiling box is fan rated, and I used 3-conductor cable running to the switch.  I put backing blocks in for the 2-foot square U-bent fixture, but I also put in another set of backing blocks for a 4-foot linear fixture too.  Almost ready to start hanging some sheetrock on the ceiling.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1566 on: April 21, 2024, 09:13:12 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I visited a part of India previously ruled by British. There were lots of old lanterns, remnants of that period.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1567 on: April 21, 2024, 05:56:11 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I finally got around to disassembling my 90w SOX streetlight !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1568 on: April 26, 2024, 03:53:46 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just purchased two more Metal Halide Wallpacks for my garage... which means 8 Metal Halide wallpacks in total.
THAT'S IT... in terms of my garage lighting. I will not be doing anymore lighting installations in that garage after this.
But... when all is done, this will be my most successful lighting set up thus far. And 8 Metal Halides firing up... that...
will be epic to see. :)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1569 on: April 29, 2024, 04:36:49 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I wanted to find orange :a_son-t: , daylight :a_mh:  and green  :a_mh:  HIDs in the same wattage.
Today, on my hunt for a 150w green MH, I found a 400w blue MH and 400w red MH along with 400w gear.
I will still try to find the trio. Either 150w orange HPS (have), white MH (have) and green MH (not double sided) or 400w orange HPS, white MH and green MH (have).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:24:46 AM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1570 on: April 29, 2024, 09:03:17 AM » Author: Rommie
Red..? What MH lamp did you get that claims to be red..? That colour is virtually impossible to achieve, see here.

I have coloured lamps from BLV, they seem the best in my experience, also Iwasaki (Eye) of course.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1571 on: April 29, 2024, 04:24:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
My final two Metal Halide fixtures have successfully been delivered to me. Once the work on my sportscar is complete, I will do a complete garage
cleaning, and then I will install those final two wallpacks.
I may purchase two more USA made 50w GE HALARC MH as well.
Also, recently purchased two FT36 Dulux lamps to replace my two PL-L 36w lamps that recently went EOL in my Sadelite desk lamps. I already have replacement
lamps for my two 18w PL lamps that went EOL, so I'll be installing those as well. (Those are Sylvania/Dulux as well)
Although my shelf lighting idea is still in the works, I will be rearranging the Sadelite desk lamps in my living room, to help the living room
look a little bit better.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1572 on: Today at 01:52:55 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Red..? What MH lamp did you get that claims to be red..? That colour is virtually impossible to achieve, see here.

I have coloured lamps from BLV, they seem the best in my experience, also Iwasaki (Eye) of course.
The box and store claim the lamp is red. I haven't got around to testing it yet, when my gear is fixed up. The bulb has no markings that it is red, could be orange or pink.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:55:22 AM by LightsAreBright27 » Logged

245v 50Hz

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1573 on: Today at 07:02:57 AM » Author: Rommie
Well you won't know until you light it, but I'd hazard a guess it's closer to orange than red, I've never heard of pink..! It will be interesting to see lit, anyway.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1574 on: Today at 09:49:54 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Also, the box of the Halonix blue 400w MH has a marking of three colour variants- red, green and blue.

245v 50Hz

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies