Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249875 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #420 on: December 11, 2019, 10:07:17 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Fixed 3 non-working sets of mini lights. Also replaced some dead bulbs in others, including one I'd stepped on .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #421 on: December 24, 2019, 04:59:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We took photos of all the lamps that we got from our trip south, and have lit the 36W Super SOX SOX-E lamp that we got from Bubbler Tube. ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 06:17:07 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #422 on: December 27, 2019, 08:15:22 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got the 90W leak transformer delivered today, so Ria has wired it up to one of the 3' T12 fittings so that we could light our 140W SLI/H lamp.  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #423 on: December 27, 2019, 08:50:59 AM » Author: Rommie
We got the 90W leak transformer delivered today, so Ria has wired it up to one of the 3' T12 fittings so that we could light our 140W SLI/H lamp.  8)
And a wonderful sight it is too, photos to follow soon  8) ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #424 on: December 27, 2019, 09:25:06 AM » Author: Cole D.
Not much this week. But, did order some fun things last week that should be coming in next few days.  ;D

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #425 on: December 30, 2019, 05:53:25 PM » Author: Rommie
Spent far too much money on yet more SOX lamps  ;D :a_sox:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #426 on: December 30, 2019, 05:55:46 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
This was yesterday, but I got my first SOX lamp! :D
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #427 on: December 30, 2019, 05:57:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This was yesterday, but I got my first SOX lamp! :D
Congratulations.!  ;D Welcome to the SOX club, what type was it.? :) :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #428 on: December 30, 2019, 06:00:13 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Congratulations.!  ;D Welcome to the SOX club, what type was it.? :) :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox: :a_sox:
Thanks! It's a 90w one, made by Philips. It has a red base. Got it for only $5.00 USD! :D
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #429 on: December 30, 2019, 06:02:01 PM » Author: Rommie
Thanks! It's a 90w one, made by Philips. It has a red base.
Good one, we expect photos soon..! Do you have the gear to light it..?

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #430 on: December 30, 2019, 06:06:56 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Sadly I don't! The gear will be lots of $$$! I will post a picture later because I reached my daily photo limit!
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #431 on: December 30, 2019, 08:53:55 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I received an early 1960's Westinghouse OV-15 120V 175W mercury vapor with the four side mounted slipfitter bolts and original ballast and glass with "W".
Awesome! NOS? Did it come with a lamp and photocell?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #432 on: December 31, 2019, 01:31:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A courier delivered two street light arms, but we can't put them into use straight away as they need some work done to them first.  :(

So it will be out with the trusty hacksaw to modify them a bit. We might have to enlist the help of a friendly welder to finish the work though. :-\

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #433 on: January 01, 2020, 01:09:31 PM » Author: Cole D.
Wired a cord up to my new AEL NEMA head and tested it out with lamp and photocell.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #434 on: January 02, 2020, 02:24:57 AM » Author: Michael
Cut down an double arm 10m steel pole after a car hit in the morning of the new year. It was tilted and cracked and both lanterns were about to fall down on a busy main road.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies