Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249755 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 09:50:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Nothing today, but yesterday I prepared some listings for lights that is going to be put on eBay later.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 11:20:45 AM » Author: wattMaster
Today, I got a NEMA head bucket light, some photocontrols, a HPS lamp, and a mounting arm/pole.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:02:22 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #32 on: February 25, 2017, 09:08:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Went to a meetup of some local people into lights...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 02:03:21 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I took out a bunch of 2012/13 era GE F32T8 3000ks and replaced them with 2004-2012 era Sylvania F32T8s 3000k.  I want to use up all the crappy Sylvanias from the 2004-2012 era fist.  The GEs have low hours on em and I will save em for use in other church buildings. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 12:49:37 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday, picked up a few F15's at a store closing sale

Today (actually at it now) went to a meetup of local people into lights.

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 03:29:06 PM » Author: Lodge
Today, I picked up two 100 watt sylvania mercs H38AV-100/DX two 35 watt LU35/MED sylvania HPS lamps and one 35 watt hps ballast and igniter and I found an old GE DEK gold top projector 500 watt lamp..   
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #36 on: March 25, 2017, 05:33:44 PM » Author: wattMaster
Today, I got a Philips green LED bulb. It looks like a greened out MV!

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #37 on: March 31, 2017, 12:34:29 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I pulled out the ballast on a 400W MH flood fixture for a church steeple.  It made it about 18 years but is fried.  There is another fixture on the other side of the steeple, but it has a newer ballast in it so it has already been replaced, however it isn't doing too well.  I'm letting the head building mechanic determine if they want to pay the $400 each to replace these with LEDs or to go with 2 new ballasts and bulbs.  Personally I'd rather have the LEDs on this building only and I mean only because this roof has tiles on the top and a bunch of them break anytime we walk on there and they are a major PITA to replace.  The less we are on this roof the better.  The MH ballasts may be able to support 400W MV if I can still find MV lamps for 400 Watts.  I don't know.  Tough choice there.

Then I went over to another building and removed 2 400 Watt HPS ballasts that were in wall packs.  Both starters and capacitors were fried while the actual ballasts looked pretty good.  However- 400W was wayyyy to much overkill for this area, so I replaced the ballasts and bulbs to support 150W HPS along with a new photocell for 1 of them.  It was dusk when I finished and they lit up the area nicely.  Going to use the old 400W HPS ballasts as door stops since they are heavy enough. 

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 10:10:11 AM » Author: Lumex120
I am guilty of using ballasts as door stops too.  :P
Here are some good quality 400w mercury vapor lamps.
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/6504/MV0400-69450.html

Unofficial LG Discord

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 11:59:10 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today was my first RE store visit.  Just a little small shop inside the local Goodwill store here.  Not too bad.  Not much as far as lighting goes, some new and old complete incandescent fixtures that are priced way more than they are worth.  But got a good deal on 3 packs of these.  75 cents each.  They had some new LED dimable 60 watt bulbs for $1.75 each, but not interested, I've got enough LEDs for now. 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #40 on: May 10, 2017, 12:12:09 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
Today was my first RE store visit.  Just a little small shop inside the local Goodwill store here. 

Ahhh. That must be what I call the ReStore Closet...that tiny little thing in Highlands Ranch :lol: which compared to one of the real ReStore's it is basically like a little closet in size.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #41 on: May 10, 2017, 04:42:09 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
That would be the one

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #42 on: May 13, 2017, 05:59:23 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today in one of the church buildings I help look after (the one I go to) I took out the remaining 2008 era Philips 700 series F32T8 3000k in the chapel upper cove area (about 25 of em) that had not already gone EoL and replaced them with Sylvania 3000k 2005-2013 era.  The Philips were a bit too pink for me and it annoyed me when I sat in the Chapel on Sundays.  The stuff Sylvania uses in their 3000k and 4100k tubes are more.. pleasing when it comes to color tone.  Even compared to GE.  I'd rate color tone 1. Sylvania  2. GE  3. Philips. 

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #43 on: May 13, 2017, 06:46:16 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Lighting wise I dug a big hole in front of one of our yard lights at work, it needs a new run of cable putting in, as the existing one has developed an earth/neutral fault that trips the RCDs if connected.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 06:40:21 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Yesterday (Saturday) I replaced 2 EoL HPS parking lot fixture bulbs.  I also replaced a bad 150W HPS parking lot ballast.  I had taken the original starter off of the ballast to replace a shot starter at another church building, and then took the starter off of a new 70W HPS ballast to put back on this 150W ballast, however - either it's the wrong type of starter, or there are issues with the capacitor or ballast, even though both are new- because when I energize the fixture, the bulb starts up very quickly instead of the normal warming up that a HPS does.  Add to that the bulb is super bright, brigher than a 150W bulb should be.  After about 10-15 seconds of running, it cuts out.  Then restarts after 45 seconds and repeats.  I tried another new 150W bulb, same results.  SO I pulled the bulb out for now.  New ballasts and starters are on order.  Will likely replace the entire ballast setup (it comes in a kit, so new ballast, starter, and capacitor) and will try to troubleshoot what is wrong with the new ballast setup I put in.  Everything is wired correctly, I double checked that.   Also replaced a 2007 era Sylvania F32T8, and 2 GE F32T8 bulbs at one church buildings.  Sylvania went out with a bang, (cracked end that is typical with that era of Sylvanias when they go EOL)  The GEs wimped out and became super dim/mercury starved. 

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies