Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249828 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #120 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:42 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
17 years ago the ones who installed the original lighting could use PL if they thought White light is required. Apparently, they didnt - Its just your preference

17 years ago they did install PL- in some of the rooms inside the building.  Which I am also slowly converting over to incandescent/CFL/LED screw-in bulbs as the ballasts go kablooey. :)  17 years ago energy efficiency was using low wattage HPS on the outside.  But times have changed!  I'll get you some photos to compare.  there are still 2 entrance ways on the outside of this building that run the 35W HPS.  At least until those ballasts/starters go kablooey, which is likely to happen soon given how the others have already gone out.  Also- the wall fixtures are really crappy design in my opinion, if they were a good style wall pack/fixture that distributed the light better, I would have no issue leaving them HPS and getting the gear to replace the failed HPS stuff.  But budgets are tight right now so we have to make do with ol RyGuy conversions. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #121 on: December 30, 2017, 04:57:40 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I changed out a few EoL F32T8s and a F32T8 ballast.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #122 on: December 30, 2017, 08:30:23 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
i took a picture of this zoo med fixture and found out these two light are different color temps when they both say "2700K"
It's on my LED Filament/Incandescent album

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #123 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
If you like Christmas lights/decorating at all, the guys there have some really cool stuff! Its usually a fairly small group, feel free to attend (anyone is welcome, there is no "offical" group or signing-up/costs/etc).
There'll be another meetup in January (probably the last weekend of it)...If you want I can send you details sometime around mid-Jan.
Quote from: RyanF40T12
Sounds good.
Should be Jan 27, but I'll let you know forsure once they post info on it.

----------
As for me today.
Hung up a 2xF96T8 fixture (only 1 lamp in it though, and as a temporary/test thing). not sure if I prefer it or the group of small LED things better.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #124 on: January 13, 2018, 02:28:26 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We struck up our 'Lamp of the Day' which is a B22d-3 80W MBF/U that was my first contribution towards our collection of lamps.  8) 8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #125 on: January 13, 2018, 02:35:34 PM » Author: Rommie
Bought a dual-wattage 80/125W MV ballast to build into a box to power either an 80W or 125W MB(F)/U lamp.

Thanks to Colin for the heads up ;D

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:38:19 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #126 on: January 18, 2018, 11:31:57 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Interesting ballast MissRiaElaine!

Should also power a 8' 125w fluorescent? right?

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #127 on: January 19, 2018, 07:21:02 AM » Author: Rommie

Interesting ballast MissRiaElaine!

Should also power a 8' 125w fluorescent? right?
I assume so, given that the original British tubes were designed to run from mercury ballasts.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #128 on: January 21, 2018, 12:32:01 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Pulled an HBL on my bike headlight because the reflector I modified into a light decided it was gonna die..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #129 on: January 27, 2018, 08:46:41 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Went to a Christmas-lights meetup...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #130 on: January 27, 2018, 08:48:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Lit our Beta 5 lantern with a lovely 35W SOX lamp in it for most of the evening.  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #131 on: January 27, 2018, 08:55:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Also the ReStore had a 25% off everything sale today .. went to check out what lights they had .. came home with the same amount I went there with (in other words nothing .lol. )
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:43:02 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #132 on: January 27, 2018, 10:50:29 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I replaced the incadescent dashboard lights in my car with LED. Just the turn signals and high beam were incadescent while the rest is built in LED from the factory. Unfortunately I didn't have green LEDs to replace the turn signal bulbs, only white LEDs. The high beam is a blue one however and has a nice, vibrant, saturated blue colour when on.
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #133 on: January 28, 2018, 06:42:01 AM » Author: Beta 5
Not today but yesterday evening, I tried various GLS wattages in my Coughtrie BB.15 bulkhead.
The max wattage for the BB.15 is 150w, I normally use 60w, but I tried a clear 100w, and it appeared much brighter.
After that I tried a 150w pearl lamp, which was hugely bright compared to the usual 60w, but it got hot too!
I normally use 60w, as its mounted fairly low down, and doesn't have to light up a massive area, as there is a 10/13w PL-C bulkhead a few meters away.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #134 on: January 28, 2018, 04:27:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Today, our "Lamp of the day" is my 45W Cryselco SOI/H lamp which I rescued from a "Keep Left" bollard in the late 60's. It was my very first sodium lamp, and it still works well, although the light output is noticeably less than newer lamps..!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies