Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249740 times)
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #150 on: February 24, 2018, 04:45:38 PM » Author: Beta 5
Lit up some 65w T12's, and some 36w T8's.  :a_fluor:

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #151 on: February 24, 2018, 08:24:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have received the westinghouse lifeguard! and it is in one piece, I've lit it up and all that, will be sure to post pics soon... got other stuff I did today.. processing images and posting to Facebook and here.. so will be a bit probably... I've saved a nice portable 400W HPS ballast from another junkyard... It has a toasted ballast in it... but I'm probably going to convert it to metal halide... ALso got a bunch of other lamp partz.... GOod day... also discovered three more abandoned structures.... nothing much lighting related of interest but I just have a good sized list of buildings to mess around in...

That lifeguard is brighter than a brand new sylvania chinese which I also have... Not sure if thats quality or perception.... I will be sure to get it up in the security light, I'm just going to wait for a day when I can come home from school and not have them be homee, So i can avoid questions, cause they'd be likely to say no just because they don't understand. and I done feel like explaining myself either.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #152 on: February 25, 2018, 03:47:11 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Got the bulb up there earlier than expected.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #153 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:12 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
had one of the electrical phase lines go out to one of my church buildings, it was flickering/arcing out in the street box and causing all kinds of havoc inside the building.  Blew out a HVAC blower motor, and also 1 circuit of fluorescent lighting fixtures in the gym.  None of the breakers tripped. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #154 on: February 25, 2018, 06:06:45 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
had one of the electrical phase lines go out to one of my church buildings, it was flickering/arcing out in the street box and causing all kinds of havoc inside the building.  Blew out a HVAC blower motor, and also 1 circuit of fluorescent lighting fixtures in the gym.  None of the breakers tripped. 
lol sounds like chaos.

~Owen

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #155 on: February 26, 2018, 03:59:21 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
1. I unfortunately installed 15 LED streetlight replacing a 150W HPS

But I sneaked 2 fixtures hopefully they won't notice But I got good money out of it

2. Relating to the first one a bit one guy did not like his LED yard light so I changed it to HPS

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #156 on: February 26, 2018, 11:53:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
At home I have a 2xF96 light that's got one of those emergency/backup ballasts (lights 1 of the lamps)... the thing has been buzzing, part time (randomly for parts of days, sometimes would go for a week being quiet) for months now. The past few days its gotten worse (allot more & louder - think like a very annoying loud old fluorescent ballast, but ofcourse the light is off). I finally had enough and disconnected the damn thing .lol. now there's a fixture with no lamps & a missing channel cover (where it is you can't see it unless you look for it, so) its gonna stay that way til I feel like dealing with it...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #157 on: February 27, 2018, 01:11:57 PM » Author: CEB1993
Over the weekend, I transferred my permanent collection of incandescent light bulbs to a larger box, so that I will have room for a 4-pack of 55 watt GE Miser's I have on the way in the mail this week.  I'll keep my general use incandescents in smaller and easy to access boxes, and I might end up sorting them by brand, wattage, etc.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #158 on: March 03, 2018, 10:10:04 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Found some neat stuff... will post in gallery later.. will need help identifying things...

~Owen

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #159 on: March 06, 2018, 12:31:17 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
not today but back on Saturday.  I picked me up some stuff at my Home Depot clearance section

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #160 on: March 13, 2018, 04:35:06 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I replaced eol F40T12 in my home office. New one is also Narva 640 as was the previous one. Captured some new-lamp-snaking.

www.whitenightcape.com/kuv/newlamp.mp4

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #161 on: March 20, 2018, 03:15:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We have lit the 80W HQL-B Deluxe lamp that we got from Michael in Switzerland.   8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #162 on: March 20, 2018, 03:49:11 PM » Author: Rommie
We have lit the 80W HQL-B Deluxe lamp that we got from Michael in Switzerland.   8)
Yes, it's our lamp of the day, here it is lit :mv:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #163 on: March 28, 2018, 10:07:15 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today at a church building I took down 3 1984 vintage single lamp fixtures (F40T12 that were converted to F32T8 6 or 7 years ago) and replaced them with 2 F32T8 Lithonia fixtures.  The lens/difusers are no longer made for the single lamp fixtures and 2 of them were broken.  Going to keep the old fixtures and re-ballast with single F40T12 again and install them somewhere, maybe in a closet at one of the church buildings.  I have a lot of the 1 tube ballasts. 

What I installed:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-Lighting-4-ft-4-Light-Fluorescent-Wraparound-Lens-Ceiling-Fixture-LB-4-32-120-1-4-GESB/100192555

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #164 on: April 19, 2018, 12:41:32 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have some goodies coming up in the gallery... Right now I am too tired to load up GIMP and combine images so I'm not gonna post them up yet... Tomorrow might be a no go too depending on how much of my English essay I must finish... But... Just know... I have some cool stuff I want to share (least I think they're cool) ... I might need some help Identifying things aswell...

~Owen

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies