Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249849 times)
Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #165 on: April 19, 2018, 01:39:22 AM » Author: Beta 5
Tested a load of 150w GLS lamps.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #166 on: April 21, 2018, 01:34:59 AM » Author: tolivac
Using an Eye Hortilux 315W CMH light I ordered-like it!!!No,I don't grow plants-but the CMH grow lights look good to PEOPLE,too!Just put a glass streetlight lens-diffuser over it to block UV that Eye claims the light generates.Just to be safe! Makes a pure,white color.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #167 on: April 21, 2018, 07:07:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I have some goodies coming up in the gallery... Right now I am too tired to load up GIMP and combine images so I'm not gonna post them up yet... Tomorrow might be a no go too depending on how much of my English essay I must finish... But... Just know... I have some cool stuff I want to share (least I think they're cool) ... I might need some help Identifying things aswell...

posted them!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #168 on: April 22, 2018, 04:05:17 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
If everything goes well I may have secured a personal jackpot. Something I have wanted for long. Local old building is being demolished at oncoming summer and I know that there is old TL-X fluorescent fixtures in use at the basement of that building. I know a guy who is currently part of a crew that is preparing the building for tear down and he agreed to try to get me one of those fixtures.

I will be so happy if that works out as TL-X fixtures are so rare. Those are 2x40W and I asked if he could take few extra lamps as I could probably get those from nowhere. If I remember right those fixtures are beast when it comes to size.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #169 on: April 27, 2018, 06:31:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I opened the door when the postman rang the bell and got a package of light bulbs that Ria had ordered from ebay... (cue Ria posting on the thread)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 06:32:56 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #170 on: April 27, 2018, 06:34:59 PM » Author: Rommie
I opened the door when the postman rang the bell and got a package of light bulbs that Ria had ordered from ebay... (cue Ria posting on the thread)
Never let it be said I missed my cue.. Yes, we got three of these lovely ruby red lamps :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #171 on: April 28, 2018, 12:35:18 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'm currently at a meetup of local people into lights :)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #172 on: April 28, 2018, 03:21:18 PM » Author: Rommie
At the moment I'm just testing out my rebuild of the display board I built for 70W HPS/MH lamps. I wanted to add a switch to cut the ignitor in or out of circuit so I could run lamps with or without internal ignitors.

It seems to work, so I'm happy, photo to come in a bit, watch this space :D

Edit: Photo posted :a_mh: :hps:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:38:17 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #173 on: April 28, 2018, 03:34:54 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
using my 1000W HPS flood to dry a lanyard that I removed the decals off of.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #174 on: April 28, 2018, 03:36:14 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
At the moment I'm just testing out my rebuild of the display board I built for 70W HPS/MH lamps. I wanted to add a switch to cut the ignitor in or out of circuit so I could run lamps with or without internal ignitors.

It seems to work, so I'm happy, photo to come in a bit, watch this space
:D
It works very well sweetheart, I'm proud of you.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #175 on: May 03, 2018, 01:51:31 PM » Author: boiler1011
This was a two-day project... just completed 'Phase I' of the backyard. This included the removal of 3'x70' area of sod along the back wall of the house and installation of a new flower bed, limestone trim, and a system of 6 Portfolio Branded LED spot lights. 3 are small telescoping units which shine on 3 evenly spaced stars on the back fence, and 3 standard spotlights on the trees that are planted in the main yard. The transformer/photo controller is located on the patio, and I had to dig a about 200' of 6' trenches to run the lines. Our soil is mainly composed of clay from (...), so it was a bit of a chore. I also ran some PVC conduit from the ground and up along the patio foundation to the control unit to better protect and hide the two main wires. It came out pretty well, and I only had to replace one sprinkler line which was tragically destroyed in the process.  :D Tho not yet installed in picture, the PVC conduit is fastened to the brick wall in 3 places via clips/screws in the brick mortar.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:54:02 PM by boiler1011 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #176 on: May 03, 2018, 01:59:28 PM » Author: Rommie
Nothing today, but yesterday I rewired my display board for 45W/60W SO(I)/H lamps, as some of the wires to the ballast were coming loose.

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #177 on: May 05, 2018, 04:29:01 PM » Author: Beta 5
Replaced a 15w Pygmy lamp that went EOL.
It was installed in May 2017, so lasted a year, better than the previous lamp that lasted about 5 months (end of Dec 2016- mid May 2017).

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #178 on: May 06, 2018, 01:35:48 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I replaced a few EoL F32T8s, a 120W incandescent over an entrance way (replaced with a 23W CFL, brightest thing I had in that building) and a 150W HPS. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #179 on: May 07, 2018, 11:00:47 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I woke up my girlfriend with 17 HPS lamps watts ranging between 35-100
Of course not on the same breaker
This was at 2 am so I had to be quite but I really think the ballasts woke her up rather than the light. And the fact that I tripped on one of the cords
She was mad as (...) and she said "when you get home from school, you're going to do EVERYTHING for me until the end of the day to make it up!"

Listen, she may be short but she can make you do a lot

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies