Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249669 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #270 on: March 03, 2019, 11:28:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
that's my neck of the woods.
There's another one planned for later this month, you're welcome to come to one if you ever want to.

---------
No lights today, but yesterday I setup 2 aquariums...each got 2 F15 lights on it, so I had to go digging in my box of F15 lamps .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #271 on: March 05, 2019, 01:24:05 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Much appreciated, i'll take you up on that sometime, but right now life is difficult.  My mother is near death from cancer so got my hands busy with that and continuing to keep myself busy with lighting stuff at church.

Today I reballasted several single F32T8 fixtures, changed from a single lamp ballast to a double lamp ballast- so running both blue wires to one tombstone/socket and the single red to the other socket.  Brighter.  The Osram Instant Start dual T8 lamp ballast is rated for .41 amps so it makes the single lamp nice and bright now :) Been doing this on many single lamp fixtures in mechanical rooms and such at my church buildings.  They do make higher amperage single lamp ballasts, but I have a ton of dual lamp that I want to use up instead. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #272 on: March 05, 2019, 03:46:54 AM » Author: LampLover
Much appreciated, i'll take you up on that sometime, but right now life is difficult.  My mother is near death from cancer so got my hands busy with that and continuing to keep myself busy with lighting stuff at church.

Today I reballasted several single F32T8 fixtures, changed from a single lamp ballast to a double lamp ballast- so running both blue wires to one tombstone/socket and the single red to the other socket.  Brighter.  The Osram Instant Start dual T8 lamp ballast is rated for .41 amps so it makes the single lamp nice and bright now :) Been doing this on many single lamp fixtures in mechanical rooms and such at my church buildings.  They do make higher amperage single lamp ballasts, but I have a ton of dual lamp that I want to use up instead. 

Sorry to hear about your Mother Ryan :(
I lost my Mother (Kidney disease) in 2017 and my Father (heart failure) in 2018

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #273 on: March 05, 2019, 10:22:43 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
So sorry to hear about your mother :( Cancer is a horrible thing to happen to someone.

I have a strip of 4 1xF32 fixtures that I wired for 2x overdrive like you did there. .lol.

They do the light meetings monthly, through October.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #274 on: March 13, 2019, 02:14:13 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've officially completed refreshing my
MERCURY VAPOR and FLUORESCENT albums. They now contain every lamp of those types I own (and some that I no longer own)

I'm currently still in the process if refreshing and updating my incandescent, Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium albums. The incandescent one is almost done... Same with metal halide..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #275 on: March 14, 2019, 10:30:59 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but on Sunday I put new ballasts in a 8xT5-HO grow-light fixture (changed from instant-to programmed start) & built a stand for it.
Yesterday evening, I planted some of my Tomato seeds in pots (what above grow-light is for) in a week or so when the seeds start coming up I'll fire up that light.

I have a 2nd light to do (maybe on the weekend). Already have the boards for its stand, just need to cut one of 'em.
This will be the 1st year I'll be using all T5-HO, The old T8 & T12 won't be needed
(unless on the slim chance I need a 3rd light, then the 6x T8 comes back out)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 09:46:42 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #276 on: March 18, 2019, 09:46:16 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
looks like I'll be needing ^ that T8 fixture afterall.

Today I replaced a some ballasts... one basically worthless since it lit only one of 2 lamps at less than half brightness (other had a dim partial discharge)... Another lit one lamp at full brightness, the 2nd at less than half. Weird way to die, I may crack one of 'em open & look inside just for the he!l of it .lol.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #277 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: xmaslightguy
looks like I'll be needing that T8 afterall.
It got setup today.
I might need one more light too, I did more veggie & flower seeds than previous years...That means I may have to use the old T12 thing .UG. ,  or fix the other T5-HO .ug. (which would mean eBay'ing a couple ballasts)  .ug.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #278 on: March 24, 2019, 09:15:24 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
what type of ballasts do you need

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #279 on: March 25, 2019, 10:56:23 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
2xF54T5 programmed or rapid-start .. really don't care what brand .lol.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #280 on: March 26, 2019, 10:58:52 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Drats I don't have any T5, sorry.  Need anything T12 or T8? 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #281 on: March 27, 2019, 11:51:06 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
Thanks
I have over the years collected myself a nice little stash of spare T12 & T8 ballasts :)
Only thing I can think of that I'm looking for is some 1xF32T8 that work with 0-10v dimming

Or if on the rare chance you ever come across these particular T12

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #282 on: March 28, 2019, 10:14:15 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Will keep an eye out and let me see what I have dimming wise. 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #283 on: March 30, 2019, 08:56:48 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Thanks Ryan.

Also just to let you know there's another one of those xmas-lights meetups tentatively scheduled for Apr 27

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #284 on: April 02, 2019, 11:48:31 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I retrofitted a 175W MH wallpack to a 150w HPS.  Found one of my previous retrofitted 150W HPS fixtures from 2 years ago had a starter go bad so I have to get back to it later.  Stuck a 100W 130v rough duty bulb in there for now.  Will return later this week with new ballast setup. (on left side of picture)  I have some other little things to do at this building.  I also found the parking lot light relay to likely be faulty so the parking lot lights are not coming on.  Not something I can touch, will require our licensed electrician to handle.  They may just be able to remove that relay now though because we have LED parking lot lights now which replaced 5- 250 W HPS fixtures a few years ago. 

This building also has new philips Alto F32T8 4100k CW Deluxe tubes and ballasts in the hallway fixtures.  The Tubes are about a month on them but they continue to start up very dim especially in the center.  Once they are warmed up, they put out nice light but very disappointing in how dark they are when turning on.  Takes almost 2 full minutes to get warmed up.  I may swap them out for new Sylvania 4100ks now that we finally got a crate of them in. 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:55:54 PM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies