Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254438 times)
Wireman
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #585 on: August 03, 2020, 03:50:40 PM » Author: Wireman
It's rather like a blended mercury/tungsten lamp, the MV is in series with the incandescent filament, just in two separate bulbs  ;D

It was just an experiment until we get the correct ballast for the 50W merc.

See photo here  8)
I think I got it now. Isn't  this the same concept on how SBMV lamps work?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #586 on: August 03, 2020, 04:26:59 PM » Author: Rommie
I think I got it now. Isn't  this the same concept on how SBMV lamps work?
Pretty much, yep  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Wireman
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #587 on: August 03, 2020, 10:15:37 PM » Author: Wireman
@sox35

@Medved

MASSIVE thanks to you both for helping me understand this!
It's certainly very interesting and definitely why I joined LG!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #588 on: August 04, 2020, 08:09:55 AM » Author: Rommie
No problem, it's why we're all here after all  8)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #589 on: August 07, 2020, 11:02:37 AM » Author: LightsDelight
A couple of days ago I set up some shelving in the garage to store my lights on while the shed is getting stripped out to get it ready to be knocked down for the new one.

Keep discharge lighting alive

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #590 on: August 09, 2020, 12:49:08 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I replaced a LED lamp at my uncle's house that was flickering. Another one was also flickering but I didn't notice it until right as we were leaving, which means I wasn't able to replace it. ::) Also noticed three of the four dimmers in his house house are going bad but I don't think I'll be the one replacing them though. One of my cousins will most likely do that job unless my uncle asks me to do it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:28:17 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #591 on: August 09, 2020, 05:16:08 AM » Author: High Intensity
Wrapping up day one of garbage pickup, found 23 fluorescent lamps, seven of which are F32T8, one F15T8, And one vintage F40T12 (a Sylvania Lifeline F40CW). I also found various halogen, compact fluorescent, and LED lamps.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #592 on: August 20, 2020, 01:17:03 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Cleaned a LOA 13w PL-S porch light that was filthy. Also tested it but everything's dead. Photocell, ballast, and lamp (the original one).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 01:20:33 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #593 on: August 20, 2020, 03:30:14 PM » Author: Rommie
Built a display board for 35W/55W SOX lamps.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:27:52 AM by sox35 » Logged

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #594 on: September 02, 2020, 12:09:01 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I inspected some lights around the house and will have to replace another LED due to flickering. It was installed November 2018 and is used 8-10 hours a night. I didn't have any replacements on me so I will have to get one tomorrow.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #595 on: September 04, 2020, 09:33:44 AM » Author: Rommie
Ok so not strictly lighting-related, but we repaired the malfunctioning cooling fan on the 12V 32A DC power supply we use to drive the 120V 60Hz inverter we use to power our American 60Hz discharge ballasts, so in a round-about way it's slightly to do with lighting ;) ;D

Edit- we also just installed a fan in the network rack cabinet as it gets a bit warm in there with all the kit that has to stay on 24/7  :poof:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 11:37:47 AM by sox35 » Logged

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #596 on: September 04, 2020, 09:56:08 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Forgot to talk about this but last Sunday i installed these   undercabinet lights.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Wireman
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #597 on: September 04, 2020, 04:07:53 PM » Author: Wireman
I installed some GE Dawn Pink incandescents from 1988 in a cool 80s fixture that I got from paintballer22.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #598 on: September 04, 2020, 05:23:03 PM » Author: joseph_125
Picked up an order of 69w traffic signal incandescent lamps I placed a couple of days ago. Funny thing, the person at the counter said they haven't placed an order for them for 5 years.  :poof:

Makes sense as the very last incandescent signals in the my area disappeared in 2015 or so.

When I first started collecting signals I used to use regular clear 40w incandescents as those were everywhere but I switched to buying the proper lamps now as the regular 40w lamps are now banned. Appliance lamps do work but cost around the same at the real deal now. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 05:29:56 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #599 on: September 04, 2020, 07:13:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
This was yesterday, but I replaced the flickering LED lamp (which was working fine oddly, by the time I got a new lamp to replace it) with a new one. Even though it's working fine now, it will be retired.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies