Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254631 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #630 on: October 23, 2020, 01:46:47 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Just bought a AEL 115 200w HPS cobrahead today. Happy to have a 200w HPS light for the collection.

I have actually gotten several 200w HPS ballasts from roadkilled cobrahead lanterns. Plus I also got 2 roadkilled acorn post top lanterns that run 200w HPS lamps.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #631 on: October 23, 2020, 02:27:31 AM » Author: joseph_125
The replacement HO lampholder I ordered came in today so I chopped the curb find Lithonia F48HO strip from last week to 24" in order to run F24T12HO lamps instead.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #632 on: October 23, 2020, 03:14:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
There's only one word for what we did today and that is WOW.!!

We met up with the seller of the lamps we bought on eBay so that he didn't need to post them and risk them getting broken. :)
He then proceeded to rummage through the back of his van and hauled out lamp after lamp for us to have, including several rare lamps.  :love: :bulbman: :bulbman: :bulbman: :bulbman:
We half expected a very fast car with flashing lights on top chase us down the road.!!  :police:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #633 on: October 23, 2020, 03:23:59 PM » Author: Rommie
Wow is an understatement, it's going to take us days to catalogue all the stuff we got..! I have no idea where we're sleeping tonight as the bed is now covered in lamps :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #634 on: October 23, 2020, 07:39:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Got some lamps from the Restore. Just some modern Sylvania F34/CWX lamps and a pair of Sylvania 60w clear fan incandescent lamps.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #635 on: October 25, 2020, 11:17:34 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Sorting some of the many lamps that we collected on Friday  :lps: :hps: :mv: :emh: :mvblb: :bumh: :mvc: :sli: :tuinc: :son-t: :mv-t: :tumh: :cfl3: :lfl:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #636 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday: put up some Halloween lights
Today: Worked on some sets of Christmas lights that I'm modifying.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #637 on: October 26, 2020, 06:20:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Saturday i hung up some lights in my room, and today i have been chilling and messing around with random lamps.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #638 on: October 26, 2020, 11:41:40 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Created some simple sequences to run my Halloween lights, and fired them up :)
There's one set that for some reason wasn't working. Its just too cold to go outside & try to figure out why (not to mention the roof is covered with snow & ice, so it really ain't safe to go up there...)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #639 on: October 30, 2020, 12:08:40 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Today, I finally installed a 50w PSMH ballast in my 60w SLI/H fixture and it resulted in a blink happy startup. See here:

https://youtu.be/uJsjtq3XT0E

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #640 on: October 31, 2020, 05:44:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I spent several hours getting all the lamps we got in our haul put away. :bulbman: :bulbman:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #641 on: November 01, 2020, 03:01:23 AM » Author: suzukir122
Just obtained four used T12 tubes from a best friend and her husband, and could obtain more soon as well. Unfortunately one tube is cracked, and another tube is EOL. That EOL tube should still have vacuum though, and a lot of that filament from the bad end seems to have snapped off its support holders.
Potential EOL show on the way...

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #642 on: November 01, 2020, 03:08:30 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Recently fired up my AEL 115 200w HPS streetlight to test my GE LU200 HPS lamp again, and also fired up my Keene/Stonco 100w HPS flood to test the Philips 100w HPS lamp with medium base that I just got.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 04:30:52 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #643 on: November 01, 2020, 03:22:39 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Today, I used a US 150w S55 HPS lamp in a jack o lantern and a US 175w M57 MH cram lamp in another jack o lantern and red, green, and blue CFL bulbs in three other jack o lanterns.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #644 on: November 01, 2020, 02:33:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday actually..
* Put up multiple  sets of Christmas lights.
* Unplugged the controller for the Halloween lights so they wouldn't come on.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:41:08 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies